“Local Business”

Gina's Pizza & Pastaria
Ranked #151 of 715 Restaurants in Irvine
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: From Italy with Love! Serving delicious Sicilian style pizzas, pastas, salads & sandwiches for over 40 years. Started in Corona del Mar, CA by Gina Costa, we still faithfully honor Gina's recipes and traditions. Slow cooking all of our dishes and sauces from the finest ingredients and making almost all of our recipes from scratch. Gina's Pizza & Pastaria Irvine opened in 2001 and was remodeled in 2016. Gina's features a beautiful outdoor patio that seats 45 and pub style seating adjacent to our 16 craft beer taps. We constantly rotate our craft beer selection and offer both familiar favorites and some hard-to-get selections. Gina's Irvine offers takeout & delivery, 7 days a week. We also offer catering for larger parties. We hope when you dine with us you will be nourished and inspired to enjoy life to the fullest, as Gina did. Buon Appetito!
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I looked for something Italian on Trip Advisor when we were leaving the Irvine Museum. It was a little further than I thought, but I like to support local (I think this is local, but now sure)l. It was also a lot more "casual" than I expected. The gentleman at the counter seemed like he was totally bored and would rather be elsewhere. He did not get that I had ordered a salad (along with our pizza). The pizza was good (not the best), but my salad was excellent. We were with another couple, both of who had sandwiches. One had meatball and the other had pastrami. The meatball sandwich was apparently "so so" & the pastrami was fairly good. Probably won't be back.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

The pizza is great, but one of the best feature is that a person can purchase a single slice however they want it. Though the single slice is available all the time, the restaurant has lunch specials that include combinations, such as a slice, salad, and drink for less than $10 (note, they are BIG slices). Other good dishes are the meatball sub and tomato soup (made thick and comes with garlic bread). It's a great place to take friends or to get takeout for oneself.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Excellent pizza, tomato soup, antipasto salad and service. Good value A very nice outdoor patio seating area but the inside is good too.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I had a great cesear salad with chicken, my son had the ravioli and meatballs. Both were very tasty. Friendly quick service, and the whole place smells like a delicious pizza!

Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

Enjoyed the Hawaiian pizza and rasta pasta (salad with noodles) with friends. Very similar to BJ's. Patio area looked fun. Definitely save room for ice cream from Strickland's just two doors down.