“Fun and fresh”

Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Most of the menu appears to be designed to people who are trying out vegetarian alternatives to standard non-veg fare, and the main dishes are named accordingly. Those who are turned off by the idea of meat and not looking for soy-based versions of meat dishes, can come up with a meal made of side dishes like sweet potato fries and nachos, or the soups and salads.

The food was tasty and also attractively served.

1  Thank lsaravinda

Reviewed May 25, 2013

I'm from Kansas City and was in OC for work. I searched online for vegetarian restaurants and the Veggie Grill came up. I checked out the online menu and nutrition information. It looked great so I drove over and gave the Buffalo Bomber a try. It was so good I came back two more times on my trip. The spring mix salad is very good too.

1  Thank RachelFNP
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Four of us tried this before going to the theater at UCI, as it is a short walk across the bridge across Campus Dr.
The place is small, clean and friendly. Stand in line to order, pick a table and sit while they serve your meals. We ate outside under a heater and were pretty warm. Staff answered questions and helped us select meals we'd like.
Between us we had the Sweet Potato fries (very tasty), a bowl of Chili, a Thai Salad and two sandwiches. Portions were moderate - not an excess of food anywhere.Even two non-veggie eaters in our group said everything was delicious. We all enjoyed our dishes and felt quite satisfied. The price was certainly moderate, with drinks totaling to about $11 each.
Nice to find a local spot with a good assortment of fresh, tasty veggie food.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I'm not a vegetarian, but I don't mind eating vegetarian food every once in a while. The Veggie Grill makes great food for those who are not used to eating this type of fare. The downside is that despite being veggie-based food, it still isn't the healthiest choice due to the way things are made. If you are willing to ignore the calorie count and try something different that's made well, try Veggie Grill.

I suggest trying their veggie cheeseburger, smothered in onions and peppers, with a side of sweet potato fries. Alternatively you can get cabbage slaw or chili instead of fries. They all taste good. No matter what you order, follow it with their carrot cake. Though the cake is vegan, don't let it deter you. It's one of the BEST carrot cakes I've ever had (and I love carrot cake!).

Reviewed April 5, 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants when I visit Southern California. The food is always fresh, healthy, and tasty. Even my husband, who is a die hard meat eater, enjoyed the vegetarian "chicken" sandwich. I love the salads here. They're all infused with quinoa, so are a satisfying meal with a kick of protein. My favorites are the bajaing fiesta salad with papaya & avocado and the kale salad. Delicious choices of iced tea and lemonade...try the pomegranate green iced tea with a splash of lemonade...yum! You order at the counter and then they bring your meal to the table...always quick and friendly. They always greet you with a smile...very welcoming! The only disappointing thing is that we don't have a Veggie Grill in Boston!

1  Thank Hotelsnobb