“Probably won't go back”

Kaya Restaurant
Ranked #299 of 694 Restaurants in Irvine
Cuisines: Korean
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This restaurant literally only had 2 waiters on duty at their busiest hours. They did all the table busting, ordering, serving and what not. Although the food did not take too long to come, but every time we needed something they took forever to come and help us, and their attitude was very annoyed...
The food overall was good, I would recommend ordering any of the soft tofu, but the disappointing thing about it was that the amount of meat they gave was ridiculously small. I ordered the seafood and beef soft tofu and the shrimp size was literally eh size of my thumb and they sprinkled the beef on top. (There was not a bite of meat in the dish).
Last tip, their small dishes are all you can eat/ refillable. They don't tell you that. So when you run out you can ask the waiter for more! (If they ever respond to you!!)

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Kaya is great, but make certain you get there at least an hour before your reservations so you can sit on the roof to have a drink at the bar while taking in the unobstructed view of the ocean! Hotel is BEAUTIFUL -restored to it's old glory -historical place. Nice atmosphere anywhere in that building. Happy hour there, but overall their pricing reasonable for the quality.

Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Poor service due to waiting for a very long time for the food and the side dishes to be put on our table.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

if you are in the neighborhood and want a good hot pot meal for under $10 then go to Kaya. there are better elsewhere but more money.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

This restaurant sits in the very corner of a busy shopping plaza. Parking was easy. However, that's where the positives of this place end...

We were seated right away as we arrived before the dinner rush. I wondered why we only got one glass of water when there were two of us. Anyway, my GF ordered one of their soft tofu soups and I ordered a beef rib soup. According to my GF (who is Korean), the soup she ordered was bland. Nothing more, nothing less. My soup was bland as well. It didn't have the taste or depth I'm used to from other Korean restaurants show serve the same dish. For starters, the broth was cloudy. Secondly, the beef ribs themselves were tough... Ugh! The side dishes were edible, but tasted like they came straight from a package. Don't think they make their own.

Anyway, the waitress seemed nice, but asked if our food tasted okay. We couldn't break her heart. So we just asked for the rest of or food to be packaged to go.

My suggestion if you're thinking about dining here is to go elsewhere. I think I would've enjoyed Buffalo Wild Wings more (in the same plaza) -- even if I was in the mood for Korean food. Yeah, it was a poor dining experience.