“Attentive service, tasty small plates, be ready to share”
Review of Lucca Cafe & Market - CLOSED

Lucca Cafe & Market
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sand Canyon
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I visited this restaurant with a former colleague last night. The decor is charming, with outdoor tables in an enclosed glass area. The waiter asked if we'd been there before. I had not, buy my colleague had. He recommended that we order plates to share, because everything is prepared fresh to order, and if you each order a particular dish, it may not arrive with the other one. Odd, for a restaurant/cafe, but we went with the concept. We shared a cheese and proscuitto plate, a quinoa plate, and one main dish (the lemon pasta). All were delightful, flavorful, and satisfying. We shared a bottle of wine, and then a dessert, too. Our waiter kept our wine glasses refreshed and was quite pleasant. I will visit again on my next trip to Irvine.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

I like the small skewers - mostly the shark fish and the chicken (the meat ended up too tough). The soup shots are really good (three different types of soup). Beet salad is consistently good. John Dory fish is perfectly made. Brunch foods are also popular. Service is usually good but when i was there with a large party they faltered.

Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

I have eaten here at lunch and at dinner. I found it to be over priced, and pretentious. The food is good, but the portions are very small and the prices are quite high.

Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Great food, great service, great atmosphere...all really excellent! Visiting from TX on a work expense acct...a little pricey for that. Lucca salad is a winner and the Halibut special is to die for!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We like this place. It is one of our favorite Irvine places for a regular meal.
Food is excellent, prices are reasonable, and the atmosphere is friendly.

This is the kind of place you can eat health or not. And you will likely love anything you order on the menu.

One tip. The bakery is great. This is a good option for taking with you.
Be sure to check the web site for hours.