“Fantastic service/beds need replaced though:(”

Atrium Hotel at Orange County Airport
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Irvine
Puyallup, Washington
“Fantastic service/beds need replaced though:(”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We needed a one night stay hotel by the airport and checked the Atrium out. Great service right away with the bell hop to the front desk. Rates are fantastic! So we thought okay lets try it out. Went thru the pool area and WOW amazing!!! Felt like I was at an Oasis with a huge bar, beautiful cabanas surrounding the awesome pool. 4 star quality! The hotel is older but they did a great job on fixing up the rooms with some modern touches. The only suggestion for the hotel management is to invest in new mattresses! Ours was hard and springs kept springing and when my husband sat on the end of the bed the top of it started flipping upward...eeekss...otherwise service made up for it!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Irvine, California
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Stayed here a few times on the way to San Diego. Great hotel for the price, full restaurant, pool bar. Our room was nice with a balcony, we did get put in one at first that smelled like it hadnt been occupied in years. We asked to get switched and it was done easily. Lighting at night is really cool. Could use a new smell in the hallways though, smells old and musty.

Room Tip: Ask to be put on a upper floor. The condition compared to the first and second floor is black and w...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JCStolz
Perth, Australia
Reviewed September 15, 2012

What an awful hotel. Nothing went right from the moment I arrive.

I'd just travelled for 25hrs and had arranged an early check-in. The room wasn't ready so I had to sit around and wait for over an hour. The last thing I needed after travelling for that long.
When the room was finally ready, I got my door keys and made my way over to the far end of the hotel with my luggage. Got there and the door keys didn't work. Had to go all the way back! Got inside and the room was old and decrepid. The carpet was threadbare, the furniture old and scratched etc etc.
I had URGENT business and needed internet and the phone, neither of which were working. I waited 2 hrs for them to fix the problem. They eventually got the internet on but didn't bother to let me know so I sat there waiting until I tried again myself and found it to be working. I was never able to make a call from the phone and when they eventually told me that their phones were not set up for international calls, I picked up my things and left.
To their credit they did make some calls at reception for me to find an alternative hotel and ring me a taxi.
Would NEVER return there again and would not recommend it to ANYONE!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank PerthDiver72
Ontario, CA
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We booked thru Expedia and got a decent rate. The lobby is beautiful. I want to address the smell that was mentioned in a prior review. It was from the spa and not an unpleasant odor. I found the building to be old, but our room was in excellent condition! The room was extremely clean, carpet in decent shape! We had a view of the courtyard/pool area from our balcony that was beautiful. The pool area with the cabanas was a delightful perk! We spent a lazy day relaxing laying in the shade enjoying the view of the pool area. The breakfast buffet was adequate, nothing special but your basic breakfast. Yes you pay for parking, but had no issues getting into the self park area. I would definitely stay here again! I don't mind older hotels if the rooms are clean! And I have to say ours was impeccable!!!! And I just want to mention it is right across from the John Wayne Airport, but there were no issues with noise! Great job Atrium staff!!!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We arrived to find a confusing parking set-up. You can't pull up to the front of the hotel unless you want to do the valet parking. We had to find the poorly identified parking adjacent to the hotel and carry the kids and bags several hundred feet to the hotel lobby. The lobby looked nice but smelled terrible. I can't describe the smell. It's a stale.....something. Maybe old carpet that got wet back when Jimmy Carter was the President. The room had the same odor only more powerful. The room had very old furnishings. There was no bathroom door. There was a "sliding" door with the same hardware that was on a sliding door in my parent's house during the earlier mentioned President's term.. There were several layers of paint on the door making it impossible to slide without binding. We gave up and just left it open. The tub was stained and the drain rusted and broken. The doors slammed along the hall all night and early morning. Stay away.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Reviewed August 14, 2012

The location is great. The rooms are old and yet clean. Nothing fancy. They remind me of our student housing apartment in college. The bathrooms are simple and also quite old. The bed was nice with white linens. The pool area is very nice and towels are provided. The breakfast provided daily for our family for a small fee was very good--fresh fruit, bacon, eggs, juice, muffins, yogurt. Parking is $12 per day and not very easy to get in and out. The kids thought it was great.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Sean B
Arvada, Colorado, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I walked out during check in, poor customer service, hidden "$50 per day incidentals" fee taken in full up front and said to be refunded after check out, $12 per day parking, poor parking situation. Several customers inquired about parking and we instructed to "go and look for parking!" The lobby area was untidy, hallway where rooms are located had a horrific smell. The hotel manager did nothing to demonstrate hospitality to his customers and was very hostile in dealing with unpleased guests.

Room Tip: I strongly suggest you never stay at this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank 1234guett_Travel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irvine
Wyndham Irvine-Orange County Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Irvine - Orange County Airport
The Duke Hotel Newport Beach
The Duke Hotel Newport Beach
#9 of 17 in Newport Beach

Been to Atrium Hotel at Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!