“Clean, modern, soundproof”

Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Irvine
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 29, 2010

The main quality of this Hilton is that it doesn't feel like an airport hotel. Rooms, bedding, crabtree toiletries, common areas, gym, decor are fresh, modern, clean. Helpful service, good food, stiff drinks, clean pool and ample indoor/outdoor lounging areas. Wifi is availble throughout but not included in room rates. Parking should be free for guests but is not. Very good shopping a 10 min drive away.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank LA310
Danno4847, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2010

Thank you for recognizing the uniqueness of the Hilton Irvine. The hotel is definitely not a typical nor ordinary airport property. More imporantaly, our staff takes great pride in providing a quality service experience in a clean, safe, and friendly environment.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Irvine and thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed July 5, 2010

Stayed overnight to get to airport quickly. Good hotel stay, good front desk service. Although close to airport, almost across the street, didn't hear any planes. Comfortable bed and room.

Shuttle to airport available.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Danno4847, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2010

Thank for being our guest at the Hilton Irvine. Our location and our staff make the Hilton Irvine a great hotel for business or pleasure. The hotel offers a unique modern feel which we hope you enjoyed during your stay and is definitely not the typical airport hotel. We look forward to once again having the opportunity to welcome you to the Hilton Irvine.

Reviewed June 24, 2010

The Hilton Irvine pleasantly surprised me! Hiltons are always usually pretty nice, but the Hilton Irvine has an awesome lobby, great rooms, and a fantastic restaurant & bar. It's modern, trendy, & sexy!
My room was comfortable, clean, & quiet. Since the hotel is located near the airport, you'd think you'd hear airplanes & airport noise - but that was not the case. I didn't hear a thing & had a quiet nights rest.
The breakfast buffet was excellent and the service was very good. This is a great location, excellent hotel, and the staff know how to provide good service.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for recognizing the Hilton Irvine as the preferred hotel in Irvine known for our modern elegance and personalized service. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that our staff was able to provide a memorable experience for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Irvine in the future.

Reviewed June 9, 2010

We stayed here for two nights recently and had a great experience. I've been to many hiltons on the east coast and this one blew them out of the water. The lobby area was very modern and new and the room was spacious and clean. The location is near SNA and also close to the freeway which made travel very easy. We also got a great price which made the stay even better.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Danno4847, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2010

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Hilton Irvine. We pride ourselves on providing a memorable experience for our guests. We are very happy you enjoyed your brief stay at our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Irvine in the future.

Thank you for being our guest.

Reviewed June 6, 2010

This hotel is very close (across the street) to the airport and especially if you have a rental car to return (walking distance).
Shuttle to the airport at each 30 minutes.
Staff is courteous. Check-in was fast.
The room was nice, clean, large, modern, and comfortable. The king size bed was very comfortable too.
The lobby was awesome. Food was ok and affordable.
Close to 3-4 restaurants.

Don’t pay for the in-room Internet (too expensive – 16$) but use the 2 workstations at the end of the lobby (near the restaurant).

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your Trip Advisor comments about the Hilton Irvine. We are pleased to hear that your experience at the Hilton Irvine was a positive one. The staff of the Hilton Irvine prides itself on providing a memorable experience in a unique hotel environment. Our location is perfect for anyone visiting the Orange County area for business or pleasure.

Thank you for being our guest at the Hilton Irvine.

Reviewed May 30, 2010

I was excited to get the Hilton through Travelocity for a price just 15 dollars more than the Quality Inn. Great Deal-----well not exactly. The parking is $16/day, the Quality Inn was free. The internet is $13/day, the Quality Inn was free. I wanted to grab a coffee in the lobby but was told I would have to sit down at the restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 21, 2010

I stayed here on an HHonors reward certificate as a gold member.

This is a pretty nice hotel. The room I had was nice, clean, modern, and comfortable. Definitely up to Hilton standards. It was a quick stay and served its purpose really well. Much better than the Holiday Inn I was stuck with when I was closer to Disneyland.

I had a really great shuttle driver from SNA to the hotel. He made good small talk and seemed like a really nice guy. I tipped him well as a result :).

I do take issue, however, with the front desk clerk that I checked in with, who really tried his best to be unhelpful and pompous. I was told that I would only get one breakfast coupon as an HHonors Gold member (my friend that was travelling with me has no status). This contradicts the HHonors guidelines, which clearly state that gold status gets you two breakfast coupons. I didn't bother arguing because I was tired when checking in. I didn't take advantage of my free breakfast because my friend wasn't about to pay hotel prices for a breakfast of his own. This is a consistent problem across the Hilton chain and I wish corporate would set their hotels straight with respect to elite status benefits.

I'll probably end up staying at the Embassy Suites the next time I'm in the SNA area.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Danno4847, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for being our guest at the Hilton Irvine. Your feedback was very helpful in assisting us to ensure our staff has been fully trained in all of the many benefits that our HHonors Guests receive. Since your review, we have been able to focus on ensuring our staff is issuing the correct number of Breakfast Certificates to our Gold Members.

Thank you very much for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Irvine. Please contact me directly if you are in the area again so I can make special arrangements for your stay.