“great place to stay at a great price”

Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Irvine
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 9, 2010

We stayed here for two nights recently and had a great experience. I've been to many hiltons on the east coast and this one blew them out of the water. The lobby area was very modern and new and the room was spacious and clean. The location is near SNA and also close to the freeway which made travel very easy. We also got a great price which made the stay even better.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Danno4847, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2010

Thank you for your feedback in regards to your recent stay at the Hilton Irvine. We pride ourselves on providing a memorable experience for our guests. We are very happy you enjoyed your brief stay at our hotel and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Irvine in the future.

Thank you for being our guest.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,034)

Reviewed June 6, 2010

This hotel is very close (across the street) to the airport and especially if you have a rental car to return (walking distance).
Shuttle to the airport at each 30 minutes.
Staff is courteous. Check-in was fast.
The room was nice, clean, large, modern, and comfortable. The king size bed was very comfortable too.
The lobby was awesome. Food was ok and affordable.
Close to 3-4 restaurants.

Don’t pay for the in-room Internet (too expensive – 16$) but use the 2 workstations at the end of the lobby (near the restaurant).

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your Trip Advisor comments about the Hilton Irvine. We are pleased to hear that your experience at the Hilton Irvine was a positive one. The staff of the Hilton Irvine prides itself on providing a memorable experience in a unique hotel environment. Our location is perfect for anyone visiting the Orange County area for business or pleasure.

Thank you for being our guest at the Hilton Irvine.

Reviewed May 30, 2010

I was excited to get the Hilton through Travelocity for a price just 15 dollars more than the Quality Inn. Great Deal-----well not exactly. The parking is $16/day, the Quality Inn was free. The internet is $13/day, the Quality Inn was free. I wanted to grab a coffee in the lobby but was told I would have to sit down at the restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed April 21, 2010

I stayed here on an HHonors reward certificate as a gold member.

This is a pretty nice hotel. The room I had was nice, clean, modern, and comfortable. Definitely up to Hilton standards. It was a quick stay and served its purpose really well. Much better than the Holiday Inn I was stuck with when I was closer to Disneyland.

I had a really great shuttle driver from SNA to the hotel. He made good small talk and seemed like a really nice guy. I tipped him well as a result :).

I do take issue, however, with the front desk clerk that I checked in with, who really tried his best to be unhelpful and pompous. I was told that I would only get one breakfast coupon as an HHonors Gold member (my friend that was travelling with me has no status). This contradicts the HHonors guidelines, which clearly state that gold status gets you two breakfast coupons. I didn't bother arguing because I was tired when checking in. I didn't take advantage of my free breakfast because my friend wasn't about to pay hotel prices for a breakfast of his own. This is a consistent problem across the Hilton chain and I wish corporate would set their hotels straight with respect to elite status benefits.

I'll probably end up staying at the Embassy Suites the next time I'm in the SNA area.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Danno4847, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2010

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for being our guest at the Hilton Irvine. Your feedback was very helpful in assisting us to ensure our staff has been fully trained in all of the many benefits that our HHonors Guests receive. Since your review, we have been able to focus on ensuring our staff is issuing the correct number of Breakfast Certificates to our Gold Members.

Thank you very much for your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Irvine. Please contact me directly if you are in the area again so I can make special arrangements for your stay.

Reviewed April 14, 2010

Good side: contemporary lobby (but you don't sleep there), comfortable bed, clean

Bad side: PAPER THIN wall. You can hear every toilet flush next door, you can hear your neighbor every time they move or put their glass on the table in the bathroom! You can hear housekeepers changing the plastic bags for the trash cans in the hall way. Airport noise happens in the morning, but not as annoy as hearing your neighbor's business for their tiny little move in their bathroom.
NOTHING, no stores nearby. Guess it's just a place for people to spend a night before they fly out.
BATHROOM, on the small side, very cramped if two people are in the bathroom at the same time
PARKING, $16, be aware.
TV, old tube TV

Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I wanted to thank you for your feedback listed on TripAdvisor outlining your less than stellar experience. Since your review, we have taken steps to ensure our Housekeeping staff and others are working to keep noise down in the hallways to ensure a quieter atmosphere for our guests. In regards to our parking charges, we are in close proximity to the airport and charge for this service in order to ensure there is sufficient availability for our guests and not competing with airport parking patrons.

Thank you for your feedback. We hope you would give us another opportunity to allow us to have you as our guest in the future.

Reviewed March 20, 2010

Was not impressed with this Hilton at all. Definately not more than a 3 star property and their meeting and catering staff need work. I sing the praises of properties I really enjoy and I will leave this at not a great experience.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
hoteltravelerIrvine, Director of Sales at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your concerns and we appreciate your understanding. The client previous to your event went beyond their contracted time limit and therefore impacted your event. We strive to give every client the perfect event and appreciate that you will allow us the opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed February 27, 2010

I stayed here the night before I flew out on a business trip and I am so glad that I did. The room was comfortable and the hotel is right by the airport. I took the airport shuttle at 6:00am in the morning, which made my trip easy and convenient. I had dinner in the restaurant and the food and service was perfect. Everyone was very nice. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
hoteltravelerIrvine, Director of Sales at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2010

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to having you back with us.