This was our second time staying at this Hilton. Mainly because we were given it twice from Hotwire's special in which you get a very low price on a 4 star hotel in the area you are looking for but do not know the hotel until after you pay. Don't get me wrong, I stay in a lot of hotels for business and pleasure and this Hilton is nice! The staff was great, the rooms were clean, the lobby and pool was very nice. Also, the location is very convenient, right across from the airport. With that being said, this should not be classified as a 4 star hotel for one reason, the rooms!! The rooms have obviously been converted from an older style to newer style but the upgrades are obvious. There is still the old fashion air conditioning on the floor by the window but the controls have been removed and a wall thermostat added. We had the the 2 beds versus the king and the beds are definitely a double and no more!! Also the beds were not very comfortable. There is a glass sliding door that goes to a standing balcony but the doors are set up to not open more than about a foot. When I did try to open it, it took me 20 minutes to get the door back on the tracks because it was so old. The room decor is very nice as is the flat screen tv. The bathroom is nice but the shower looks like it has been upgraded because you stand so high in the shower you feel like you are in a camper!! Also, the only dirty thing we saw was the air vent into the bathroom that was located on the shower wall. It was so dirty that I couldn't take my eyes off it when in the shower!! Additionally, for some reason half the electrical outlets did not work in our room. I am a Hilton Honors Member and like Hilton Hotels as well as this specific hotel but let's be accurate on the star ratings. I would say 3 star at best. Lastly, be prepared for $18 self parking per day. This might be common in the area though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport is centrally located in the heart of Orange County and located near many attractions, shopping centers, and restaurants.Use the complimentary shuttle from Orange County John Wayne Airport. We provide a comfortable setting for any event and welcome the opportunity to welcome your family or group. Equipped with outdoor pool, fitness center, Aura Bar and Grill, this Irvine hotel offers luxury accomodations and expert service for your leisure or corporate stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and Hotel.de so you can book your Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport Hotel Irvine
- Hilton Hotel Irvine
- Irvine Hilton
- Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport CA