“Excellent California Hotel”

Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Irvine
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 2, 2013

This is an excellent hotel. Nice fresh rooms with a great bed. Extremely convenient across from John Wayne Orange county airport. Check in staff was very efficient. Breakfast was terrific and the dining room staff was one of the best. Very attentive and pleasant. Jorge was our waiter both mornings we were there and he went way out of his way to make our meals special.

We really liked the location as it was one block off the 405, two minutes from the 55,57 and 22 so you can get pretty much anywhere with ease. This will be our new California stay from here out.

Room Tip: The Rooms on the South side are away from the airport but since John Wayne closes down at 11 PM that...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Dolores E, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Sarah H.,

I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed a wonderful time during your stay at our hotel. Your positive comments are greatly and sincerely appreciated. I have since shared your feedback with the Team (including Jorge) and I am delighted we lived up to our goal - Your comfort and complete satisfaction.

The convenience of our hotel is unparalleled and our Team here is also quite special. Thank you once again. We hope that if travels bring you to Irvine, CA in the near future, that you will once again choose the Hilton Irvine Orange County Airport. We look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I've stayed here for work several times - including working nights and sleeping during the day - and the beds are exceptionally comfortable, the hotel's quiet, and the blackout curtains are great.

All of the staff are very helpful, friendly and personable; there's a great selection of food for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and the bar has a good atmosphere.

The parking is expensive, but you're 5 minutes walk from an international airport - what do you expect? Sometimes they do deals which package together room, parking, breakfast, and wi-fi - well worth having a look on their website to see what offers are on.

Room Tip: Odd-numbered rooms are quieter in my opinion. All the jet aircraft at Orange County do a full-throt...

Dear Stuart J.,

Thank you kindly for the wonderful comments regarding your stay at our hotel. I never tire of hearing when guests have a great experience and then tell about it. We do have a pretty awesome team here at the Hilton Irvine and we always look forward to providing a positive experience for all of our guests.

I have to agree with you that our location is ideal not only to John Wayne Orange County Airport but to so many local attractions. I do hope you got to enjoy some of our lovely sights.

If travels bring you to Irvine, CA in the near future, we hope that you will once again choose the Hilton Irvine Orange County Airport. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed there twice. Clean rooms. Good service. Very nice breakfast -- great omelet chefs -- and great food service staff. Recommend very highly. Jorge is an excellent waiter btw. The bar team is very good as well.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Funnydood

Dear Funnydood,

Thank you for the great comments regarding your stay at our hotel. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our friendly service and omelet station which is very popular among many of our guests.

I have conveyed your kind comments to the Team (and Jorge) and hope that if travels bring you to Irvine, CA in the near future, you will once again choose the Hilton Irvine Orange County Airport.

Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I recently stayed two nights for work. Parking was almost $20 per night. When I checked in, they had me in a 2double room when I had reserved a king. After a call down and a bit of a wait on hold, they brought up another room key and were able to get me the king I paid for. The room was clean and comfortable. Room service was friendly and tasted great. The bar area was nice as well. Internet cost almost $13 and the rooms were $$$ to begin with. I book rooms for groups for work and will look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Amie S.,

We greatly appreciate your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I am truly sorry that you had less than a memorable experience due in part to parking and internet fees but please know our commitment to service excellence remains firm.

You mention you book groups for your company and we would love to assist you. Please feel free to call me direct.

Once again, many thanks for your candid comments. I do hope you allow us an opportunity to better serve you in the future. I am confident that we can make a difference.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Spent 2 nights here for a conference we held on-site. Valet staff were very courteous (price is not cheap, but comparable for being this close to airport). Check in staff were more than helpful - gave me a free upgrade to their Executive Level which includes free wifi and nicer appointments. Not much noise from the airport - convenient to many restaurants and they offer free shuttle service. Overall I would definitely stay at this Hilton whenever I'm in the Irvine area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Dolores E, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Calsur,

Thank you kindly for the very positive feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. I am pleased to hear you were met with amazing hospitality from our Valet Team to our Guest Services including our shuttle service. Our location is ideally situated and central to many attractions, restaurants, etc. so I'm also happy that you enjoyed this benefit too. I'm sure the upgrade was a nice treat.

If travels bring you to Irvine, CA in the near future, we hope you will once again choose the Hilton Irvine Orange County Airport.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed at this property on 1-10-13. Upon check in Miguel at the front desk told me he could not honor AAA discount since they are close to capacity!!!! I thought that was a strange policy so I asked for the manager and found out that there is no truth to what Miguel said. Overall both Miguel and Andrea Anderson were rude.

The property is dated and not up to standard of its competitors. Within a 2 mile radius there is Fairmont, Marriott, and a Hyatt that are much, much better in terms of the property and service, for essentially the same money. I live local and have stayed at all these properties dozens of times. Go to Marriott on von Karmen or Fairmont a mile down the street for a much better hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank keyvank1

Dear Keyvank1,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for our shortcoming in the service department and will certainly address your concern. As for availability of rates, many times they are predicated on supply and demand and we do adhere to a daily yielding process to ensure we maintain rate integrity. Our associates are entrusted to carry out these responsibilities, but it appears our delivery was not consistent with our service standard, and for that I am truly sorry. I hope that if travels bring you to Irvine, CA in the near future, that you would allow us another opportunity to better serve you.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Provided nice hhonors greeting and waters/vouchers at check in. Hhonors floor 7 was high enough to be quiet which was great being so close to airport. The floor was also undergoing renovation in elevator area during my stay.

Lobby area and cafe was nice and updated. Pool area and patio felt old. I think the interior upgrades will improve overall feel of the property.

Why the average rating? Hotel still had a work in progress feel to it. Double beds were surprisingly uncomfortable and small. Self parking charge of $19 seemed a bit high. Internet access was spoty.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Dolores E, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Dear Spi-kids_LA,

Thank you for the candid review of our hotel. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed many aspects of it during your stay and certainly respect the areas you felt we need improvement. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced as a result of any repairs being made while you were here but I can assure you all improvements are made with you, our valued, guest in mind.

I have shared your comments with the Team and will address the areas of concern indicated.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and if travels bring you once again to Irvine, CA we hope that you will once again chose the Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport.

Warm Regards,