“Horrible Customer Service”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Reno, Nevada
“Horrible Customer Service”
Reviewed October 5, 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel for my cousins wedding. Most of my family stayed in the hotel as well, as the reception took place downstairs. When we arrived, we went through a huge hassle to check in. They kept messing up our reservation and having to create new ones. They told us that we would have a room right next to my parents on the "quiet" side of the hotel. But during the 30 minutes or so it took for us to check in, a lot of other people successfully checked in and got rooms before us. So, by the time they got the reservation figured out, there was only one king room left. And of course, it was on the airport side (the loud side) and no where near my parents. Next thing that happened is that they kept trying to charge both my parents and I for parking, when we only had one car between 4 of us. This was very frustrating, but as we were on vacation we tried to stay positive.

When we arrived back home several days later, I checked my credit card statement. The hotel had charged me for 2 rooms and split the charges into 3 payments. I figured that during all the confusion of getting us a room, they had accidentally charged me for the rooms I never stayed in. So I called the hotel. For two days, all I got was answering machines. No one would call me back. I talked to the accountant, who was very rude, and after hearing my story, she just transferred me to another voice mail. So I called back and asked to talk to a real person. At this point I was getting very upset, but finally I got ahold of someone who could help me. And wouldn't you guess, she was extremely rude. She told me that I was getting charged for the 2 rooms I stayed in (not possible) and that I was getting charged for my parents room as well because they didn't pay for theirs. I told her that they did in fact pay for their room and that I didn't appreciate her holding on to my credit card for any reason. To try to make this short, she made my parents call her to verify that they paid for their room, which they had. Also the manager finally listened to me when I told her that I was going to leave them a bad review. After that, she refunded me the room that I never stayed in and we got it settled. Overall, it was a very irritating experience and I will never stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Tammie C
Danno4847, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this review, January 6, 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the Hilton Irvine. We offer our sincerest apologies for the apparent reservation issues as well as the Front Desk mix up. This is not typical of both our Reservations Department nor our Front Desk staff. We are happy to hear our Manager did offer a refund, although we would have rather had you as a satisfied guest.

We thank you for sharing your experience and hope you would give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Korean first
usa
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Stayed here for 1 night before I left California. Arrived at about 9pm and greeted with a $16 parking fee. YAY. I didn’t care anymore since I was somewhat tired from a long day of driving around SoCal. Get in and the lobby is pretty busy and happening. Not something I’m used to seeing. Must be business travelers unwinding for the night. I went to the front desk and was checked in immediately. Room 1017 was mine.

Walking to my room I noticed everything looked well worn. The carpets look old. The trim looks like it has been repainted more than a few times. I started to worry. The door to my room looks just as dated. I open the door and was surprised to see a pretty decent room. Looks new or newly remodeled. Everything was clean. The rest room was pretty good too although it was the less ideal tub/shower combo vs a full shower. There was a fold out bench on the tub that had some rust on it but I wasn’t using it, just unsightly. The TV was nice and large. A clean fridge with a light inside was tucked away inside the tv cabinet. There was a large patio door in the room which opened 4inches to give you some fresh air. The AC was noisy, something I wouldn’t expect from this level of hotel. The desk was positioned right infront of the AC. I couldn’t use the desk with the AC on because the freezing cold air would blow right on you. I resorted to blocking the AC with towels while I worked. Wifi wasn’t free either. I wouldn’t stay here again, other hotels are nicer overall and parking is cheaper or free, but it was a last minute deal.

Room Tip: Room 1017, AC was noisy. shower had a rusty bench in it. AC blows right on you while sitting at a de...
1 Thank Chuck N
Danno4847, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this review, October 4, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience and for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor. We are truly sorry you had issues with our air conditioning in room 1017. Your comments will help us to ensure other guests do not have a similar issue. We have shared your review with our engineering staff as they do take great pride to ensure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. As a note, Hilton does offer complimentary internet access to our prestigious Hilton HHonors Gold & Diamond members. And, due to the Hilton Irvine's unique location across from John Wayne Airport, it is necessary to charge for parking in order to protect parking availability for our hotel guests.

We thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed September 23, 2011

I stayed three nights at this Hilton. It's close to the airport, shopping mall and everything else! The staff was willing to work out some issues with me. I was so glad! The beds were so comfortable.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Danno4847, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Irvine. The Hilton Irvine offers a great location, great rooms, and personalized service. We thank you for recognizing our staff's efforts and our comfortable beds.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Thank you for being our guest.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 21, 2011

We only stayed one night at this hotel but we were very pleased. We don't generally stay in airport hotels and weren't very excited at the prospect but we actually had a nice time. You need to call the hotel to send the shuttle to the airport to pick you up so be sure to have the phone number with you. The rooms are a little old fashioned as far as decor is concerned, but there was a nice flat-screen hotel with lots of on demand channels, and the bedding was very comfortable. We had lunch and drinks in the hotel restaurant and thought everything was very good and the menu selection was excellent. The workout room is more than adequate, although it was quite dark the day we were there for some reason. Check-in and restaurant staff were very nice. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Danno4847, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport. We are happy to hear your guest room was comfortable and clean. As well, we our proud of our new 42" Flat Screen Televisions which have 74 HD channels including 7 HBO options. The Hilton Irvine is conveniently located across from John Wayne Airport and provides easy freeway access to all of Southern California.

Thank you for being our guest and we hope to have you stay with us again in the future.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Great hotel for business travel in the Orange County area if you're traveling through John Wayne International Airport (SNA). The commute from airport to hotel is a one minute drive.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
We appreciate your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Irvine. The Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport offers the most convenient location to John Wayne Airport which is definitely ideal for business. As well, our staff takes great pride in providing great service in a clean,safe, and friendly environment.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Thank you for being our guest.
Manchester
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I recently stayed at this Hotel for 2 nights. 1 at the beginning at 1 at the end of a 2 week stay in Long Beach.

I chose this hotel for 2 reasons. 1 as my flight's were in and out of John Wayne and 2 as I am a Hilton Honors Gold Member.

As titled this hotel was ideal for what I wanted. I arrived 8pm after travelling from the UK so wanted to get some food and straight to bed. As HH Gold I was give a voucher for a free drink (either house wine or beer) and free breakfast. The drink was much appreciated after the journey.

I was upgraded ro a executive room on both occasions which was very comfortable if a little dated. The staff were excellent throughout my stay and the club sandwich was great.

I would definately stay here again when flying through SNA, mainly due to the proximity of the airport. Walkable in 5 minutes, ideal if you travel light like me.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Danno4847, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Irvine.

We pride ourselves in providing a great value to our guests in a clean, safe, and friendly environment. Thank you for recognizing our friendly staff and for being an esteemed Hilton HHonors Gold Member . As you mentioned, our unique location across from John Wayne Airport provides the perfect option for our HHonors members who need to catch an early morning flight or who arrive late.

Thank you for your patronage and for being our guest. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Irvine in the future.
South Jersey
Reviewed September 12, 2011

WE recently stayed at the Hilton for 5 nights. It was a nice hotel - not super fancy, not bad though. right across from the airport which is nice - and they have a shuttle too. no free internet and no free parking were both minuses. other than that - just a good place to rest and clean up. 15 min drive to disneyland or beaches.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport hotel. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and giving us a positive review.

We thank you for being our guest and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irvine
Wyndham Irvine-Orange County Airport
Embassy Suites by Hilton Irvine - Orange County Airport
The Duke Hotel Newport Beach
The Duke Hotel Newport Beach
#9 of 17 in Newport Beach

Been to Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport? Share your experiences!