My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel for my cousins wedding. Most of my family stayed in the hotel as well, as the reception took place downstairs. When we arrived, we went through a huge hassle to check in. They kept messing up our reservation and having to create new ones. They told us that we would have a room right next to my parents on the "quiet" side of the hotel. But during the 30 minutes or so it took for us to check in, a lot of other people successfully checked in and got rooms before us. So, by the time they got the reservation figured out, there was only one king room left. And of course, it was on the airport side (the loud side) and no where near my parents. Next thing that happened is that they kept trying to charge both my parents and I for parking, when we only had one car between 4 of us. This was very frustrating, but as we were on vacation we tried to stay positive.
When we arrived back home several days later, I checked my credit card statement. The hotel had charged me for 2 rooms and split the charges into 3 payments. I figured that during all the confusion of getting us a room, they had accidentally charged me for the rooms I never stayed in. So I called the hotel. For two days, all I got was answering machines. No one would call me back. I talked to the accountant, who was very rude, and after hearing my story, she just transferred me to another voice mail. So I called back and asked to talk to a real person. At this point I was getting very upset, but finally I got ahold of someone who could help me. And wouldn't you guess, she was extremely rude. She told me that I was getting charged for the 2 rooms I stayed in (not possible) and that I was getting charged for my parents room as well because they didn't pay for theirs. I told her that they did in fact pay for their room and that I didn't appreciate her holding on to my credit card for any reason. To try to make this short, she made my parents call her to verify that they paid for their room, which they had. Also the manager finally listened to me when I told her that I was going to leave them a bad review. After that, she refunded me the room that I never stayed in and we got it settled. Overall, it was a very irritating experience and I will never stay at the hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport is centrally located in the heart of Orange County and located near many attractions, shopping centers, and restaurants.Use the complimentary shuttle from Orange County John Wayne Airport. We provide a comfortable setting for any event and welcome the opportunity to welcome your family or group. Equipped with outdoor pool, fitness center, Aura Bar and Grill, this Irvine hotel offers luxury accomodations and expert service for your leisure or corporate stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport Hotel Irvine
- Hilton Hotel Irvine
- Irvine Hilton
- Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport CA