“Very nice property! My #1 choice in the area”

Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Irvine
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 21, 2011

This was my second stay here at the Hilton Irvine Airport location. This visit was just like my first. Very clean and quiet rooms. I had an adjoining room with family and it was still private and quiet. Staff was friendly and helpful. Breakfast was very good and the pool was perfect. I only had one very minor issue. The two dollar bag of chips that cost 25 cents in a store. Not a big deal, but every other hotel I visit at least has normal retail size bags.
There was one other thing that isn't a complaint but worth mentioning. Stepping into the shower is actually a 3-5 inch step up. When you exit the shower, you need to be aware of the height difference. Possible fall hazard...

Overall, a very nice place to stay that is convenient to everything and across from the airport.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Danno4847, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2011

Thank you for recognizing the Hilton Irvine as the preferred hotel in Irvine known for our modern elegance and personalized service. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that our staff was able to provide a memorable experience for you. We will take a look at our Gift Shop pricing to see what other options there may be to purchase different size snack bags.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Irvine in the future. Thank you for being our guest.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,034)

Reviewed July 17, 2011

I would not recomment this hotel for any family vacationer. The rooms are tiny. When we got there our requests were not honored even with our credit card authorized. It took forever to get a room-not to mention even trying get on adjoining or at least on the same floor. We were given a handicapped bathroom and every totally flooded the floor making it scary to go in the bathroom for any reason after that. With a family, spend your money elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for your response regarding your recent stay at the beautiful Hilton Irvine. Our staff takes great pride in providing a personalized guest experience at an exceptional value. We are sorry we were not able to meet your value needs during your recent stay. While we work hard to assign connecting rooms in advance. However, due to availability, we are sometimes unable to accomodate these requests. I am truly sorry, as well, that we had a bathroom mishap which caused the room you were given to have a problem.

We continuously strive to meet all of our guests' needs whether it be for business or pleasure. Unfortunately, while many of our guests are children, we don't always have the "kid friendly" options some guests may be looking for. However, the HIlton Irvine does offer specialized children's menus, a spectacular pool area, and a wide variety of children's channels available through our in-room entertainment system. We continue to search for ways to improve; with our ultimate goal being to please all of our guests. Again, thank you for staying at the Hilton Irvine and for your important feedback.

Should you care to discuss your experience, I can be reached directly at 949-812-3737

Reviewed July 2, 2011

Stayed at this hotel after a very busy week of business. My wife and I stayed they weekend to relax and spend time with our grandson. The front desk was very cordial and welcoming. Always willing to help. Our plan was to have our three year old grandson spend the day with us at the pool. Saturday morning was a great day to do this and the pool was nice. The problem was there is no service at the pool. Drinks and food need to be purchased inside the hotel, which is really difficult when you are dripping wet and need to walk toplace your order and then wait fir it to be prepared. The fact that I got a good rate on line was the reason I was not to upset.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Danno4847, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2011

Thank for being our guest at the Hilton Irvine.

Our location and our staff make the Hilton Irvine a great hotel for business or pleasure. We are happy our Front Desk staff provided a warm & friendly welcome, but we are truly sorry our bar & restaurant staff failed to monitor the pool area as they normally do. The Hilton Irvine offers a unique modern feel which we hope you enjoyed during your stay and is definitely not the typical airport hotel.

We look forward to once again having the opportunity to welcome you to the Hilton Irvine.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

A friend was getting married at the Hilton Waterfront in Huntington Beach. This place was cheaper. I flew into LAX, but if you are flying into John Wayne, it's literally across the street. A solid hotel with good staff.

Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank sachmo31
Danno4847, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2011

Thank you for recognizing the Hilton Irvine for its ideal location which showcases its close proximity to John Wayne Airport in Orange County. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and are proud of our staff for providing a positive service experience during your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Irvine in the future.

Thank you for being our guest.

P.S. The Hilton Irvine now features 42 inch flat screen panel televisions with 74 HD Channels including 7 HBO options

Reviewed March 14, 2011

I have been a HHonors gold member for about five years. I stayed at the Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport last week. On Monday at 8:00 AM, I left for a meeting with some clients and returned at 4:30 PM and the room was not made up. No problem I thought as I was going out to dinner and would not be back until at least 10:00 PM. At 5:15 PM, as I was leaving I stopped at the front desk and mentioned this to one of the reception people. He apologized and called over the manager on duty and I explained the situation to him and said it was not an issue as I would not be back in for five hours and if he could have housekeeping make up the bed and empty the trash. He apologized and said it would be taken care of immediately. I then return to the room at 10:30 PM and nothing is done. Since I was checking out the next day, I would mention it then.
The next morning I check out (slightly peeved) and mentioned to the front desk what had transpired and that I was highly disappointed concerning the situation especially since I mentioned it to two people and one of them was the manager on duty yet nothing was done to correct the issue at which time she apologized but said nothing more. I then asked to speak with the general manager about this situation. She informed me that he was in a meeting and could not be disturbed but that she would pass my information along to him and he would promptly call me to discuss this. Well, one week later and nothing has been done - no phone call/email. What upsets me the most on this is the total disregard for acting on a complaint - first that nothing was done and secondly no phone call/email. The total disregard for acting on a request that should be automatic is very poor in my opinion.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Maxion
Danno4847, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 26, 2011

The Hilton Irvine prides itself on providing a clean and comfortable experience in a safe and friendly environment. We apologize that you did not get the attention you deserved as a prestigious Gold HHonors Member. Unfortunately, your feedback was not communicated as it should have been. If you have an opportunity, please contact me directly so we can discuss your unfortunate situation. This is definitely not typical of the type of service The Hilton Irvine is known for.

Direct line: 949-812-3737

We thank for being our guest at the Hilton Irvine and look forward to your feedback.

Reviewed March 13, 2011

We were staying one night in Irvine and booked this hotel through Hotwire. We got a reasonable price but this was before the extras. The price for this hotel was about $72 with fees from Hotwire. It was a weekend night and I suspect it would be more during the week. Other hotels in the area had comparable rates with some being a bit lower, but we chose this one without knowing what hotel it was. Things we did not consider was the parking fee which was an additional $16 (and it seemed that no alternative parking was available even if you were willing to do some walking), fees if you wanted to have internet service, a very expensive breakfast option. Many of these things are included free with the other hotels. We were not planning on using the amenities so this really was a complete waste of money. People sit outside at every door of the hotel to smoke. The bed was comfortable, but if you are not on the top floor you can hear water running down the pipes when people get up in the morning. The noise was not terrible but it was enough to wake me up. Light shines through the opening of the door. I am now sitting at a McDonald's a couple of blocks from the hotel. We are having oatmeal and using the FREE wifi at the McDonald's. If the price of the parking and wifi were included in the price of the room, we would have understood the expense and probably made another choice. As it was, we feel a bit hoodwinked and we are NOT happy about the experience. We asked at checkin whether there is on street parking in the area that is free and we were told no in absolute terms. This morning, I read that there is a place on Enterprise. Don't know if that is the case but if so, I would like my $16 back.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank budgettraveler8
Danno4847, General Manager at Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2011

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Irvine/Orange County Airport. The Hilton Irvine does partner with Hotwire for last minute bookings which allows for Hugely Discounted rates. As such, there are some costs that are "not included" in the Hotwire price for amenities and services which are consistent with similar Full Service Hotels in Irvine.

We pride ourselves on providing a great value to our guests in a clean, safe, and friendly environment. Unfortunately, due to our close proximity to the John Wayne Airport, it has become necessary to charge for parking services as there is very high demand for parking in the area and we only have limited spaces available for our guests. As well, as an added benefit to our most frequent guests, the Hilton Irvine offers Complimentary Internet as an option for our prestigious Hilton HHonors Gold and Diamond members. As a note, the Hilton Irvine does offer internet pricing as low as $7.95/day for non-HHonors Gold and Diamond Members.

The Hilton Irvine is continually working on ways to improve the value options we provide for our guests which includes mitigating the costs of parking and internet.

Thank you for your patronage and for being our guest.

Reviewed February 12, 2011

I've stayed here a couple times through priceline. It's the most common hotel to win of the 3 hotels (Hilton, Hyatt, Westin) if you bid on 4* in costa mesa.

Free Parking Tip:
So the parking is $21/day (in out priviledges incl.), but all the hotels in the area seem to open the gates at 10pm or 11pm. There's also free parking on Enterprise a block down Paularino. There's no other parking anywhere within 5 blocks. It's only a 2 minute walk to save $21/night.

Hotel Review:
The hotel is nice. I'd say it's a fair 3 star maybe 3.5. A four star really has to be one of the nicest hotels you've ever stayed in and there are some pretty stellar 4* out there.
It has a starbucks in the lobby and a nice looking restaurant. It has a free shuttle to John Wayne (SNA) and if you're nice and they have time they may take you other places.
The rooms are a good size and the beds are great. I slept like a log. I was on the second floor at the very end...a bit of a hike, but quiet other than the street construction in the day.
The Gym is very good for a hotel. I think there were 4 treadmills, 5 elipticals, Free weights and a univeral.

Pros:
Great price off priceline
The staff are all very friendly
Free shuttle to John Wayen Airport / SNA (3 minutes away)
Full Starbucks in the lobby
Great Gym
Free Business Center

Cons:
Parking Charges! ($21/Night)
No Free wifi
Not a lot immediately around the hotel (a mcdonalds, couple restaurants and a grocery store)

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank CornerstoneBackup

Thank you for recognizing the Hilton Irvine as a preferred hotel in Irvine known for our modern elegance and personalized service. We recognize Priceline as an important partner for the Hilton Irvine when last minute rooms are available at a steep discount. Due to the hotel's unique proxmity to John Wayne Airport and the subsequent high demand for parking in the area, it has become necessary to charge for parking to protect available space for hotel guests. These parking charges are consistent with All full service hotels in Irvine. The Hilton Irvine offers complimentary internet service for our valued Hilton Gold and Diamond HHonors members. In addition, for non-HHonors members, internet service is available for $7.95/day.

The Hilton Irvine is continually searching for ways to improve the hotel's value added features for our guests.