“Best Marriott in Orange County - very helpful staff”
Review of Irvine Marriott

Irvine Marriott
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Irvine
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Irvine Marriott is very convenient to John Wayne Airport and most businesses in Orange County. Most importantly the staff is Fantastic!

They went out of their way to accommodate my requests.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed October 8, 2010

We held a small day-long meeting here for a couple dozen people. The meeting staff treated us as if we had booked out the entire hotel. They were on top of everything from sound, room temperature, box locating and catering! We'd host again, here, in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2010

There was a charge of $25 (for 2 days) for parking in a half empty lot most of the time. The internet in the room cost $12.95 per night. There was no mini frig in the room as advertised. I had two rooms but only one mini frig was provided after I requested one for the rooms. There was only one bath towel for 2 adults (they sent up more after my request). The continental breakfast cost $10.00. All of the items that I was charged for were free at the Laguna Hills Lodge I stayed at in July. It was closer then the LHL to the UCI. It wasn't terrible but I will go back to the Lodge the next time I'm in Irvine. The room was also smaller than the LHL.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Decent property. Convenient to airport. Had to wait a long time for check in--rooms were typical of Marriott. Concierge lounge was average--very cramped. I would stay here again--but as another person commented, you need a car.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 5, 2010

We had Marriott Reward certificates for free nights here and used them.

First, the hotel can be slightly difficult to find, tucked away in a business park, surrounded by other high rises. Once you find it and leave and come back a time or two, it becomes much easier to know where you're staying.

Upon arrival on Friday evening (we were expecting a quiet weekend) we were met with a lobby CRAWLING with kids! Not a good sign! The hotel was sold out for some karate convention being held there!

Despite this, check-in was fairly quick and no problem!

Then, the annoyance that would haunt us throughout our stay began. Waiting for the elevator. Waiting, and waiting, and waiting... It appeared that of the five elevators, only two were in operation. And with a full hotel, these two working elevators got a work out! But you had to wait...and wait...and....you know.

The room was fine. Though a concierge level room, there was nothing that made it any different than a typical marriott room. Clean, efficient...all the usual amenities. A nice room...but exactly what you expect from Marriott. So that was good.

We did not dine at the restaurant. And with the hotel crawling with those little brats, we didn't dare approach the pool (we had brought our bathing suits from home with the "fantasy" of having a quiet, relaxing Saturday by the pool. NOT!

Would we return? Sure. Would we call ahead next time to insure there won't be conferences booked for a weekend...YES!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 28, 2010

Typical Marriott, could be anywhere in the world.
I struggled to sleep, due to the traffic noise from the roads outside. I believe you need to request the rooms not overlooking the highway.

The staff were really helpful, and food was good, so no complaints there.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 20, 2010

I had the chance to stay in this hotel for only two weeks during my business trip to LA and the first thing I would say that the room charge was very economical. The hotel staff were very welcoming and it was close to my office. I enjoyed my stay there and the room was cozy during my stay.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business