“Our Anniversary Weekend Getaway”
Review of Irvine Marriott

Irvine Marriott
Ranked #9 of 22 Hotels in Irvine
Lake Elsinore, California
“Our Anniversary Weekend Getaway”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for the weekend, to sort of getaway for the weekend to celebrate our Anniversary; take in a jazz concert close by and to hang out near the beach. We had an awesome experience, from the the staff in valet to the front desk and even the friendly housekeeping ladies! I would also like to give a special thanks to Samantha who checked us in. She is so friendly and easy to talk to as we had a few laughs while checking in. The next day special services delivered a tray of chocolate dipped strawberries and a bottle of wine. The whole set up was beautiful and we were pleasantly surprised. Thank you for your thoughtfulness!! We will be back!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PatriceYoung

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying here recently and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food being served in the hotel restaurant and bar. We were attending an event over two days and were going to be hostage to the hotel for its duration. I was expecting pretty standard hotel fare but was delighted when I spotted burrata mozzarella and Heirloom tomatoes on the offerings and it did not disappoint, we were on to a winner. In fact all the food offerings over both days were a credit to your establishment. Kudos to your food team and keep pushing the boundaries, it's not easy to achieve but you guys seem to have pretty much nailed it. The rooms were comfortable, quiet and clean and from check in to departure (including the great breakfast) all your employees were outstanding.
Thank you, a lot of places should take a leaf out of your book. Keep setting standards.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
IrvineMarriott, Guest Relations Manager at Irvine Marriott, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your ‘outstanding’ experience with us. Our Culinary team was elated to hear that you enjoyed our seasonal offerings. When it comes to cuisine, our expert chefs stay true to freshness, quality, and seasonality with an innovative twist on Classic American favorites inspired by flavors of California. We’re thrilled that your experience has inspired a lasting impression and look forward to indulging your palate on your next visit to the OC.
San Diego, California
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The beds were very comfortable. However, the bathroom is rather small. I would be willing to give up a little space in the room to have a larger bathroom.

The service at the bar was outstanding. I think one of the bartenders name is Roy. He was great.

I was a bit surprised when I had to pay for a cocktail in the concierge room during happy hour. $9 for a vodka / tonic is a bit much.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for all your wonderful comments and taking the time to share your experience! It is so wonderful to hear that everything from the comfort of our bed to the sevice from Roy in our Floe Lounge contributed to your great stay. I look forward to sharing your feedback with our leadership team. We hope to have the pleasure of your return! .
Dallas
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed here in there past about 10 years ago and it was ok then clean I guess. Does not look like any things been upgraded sine then.

Checked in ok, room was musty smelling and just kind of old, the bed was nice though and having a balcony gave me a great view of the 405 freeway :-)

I checked in late and looked the room service menu, hmm only 5 entrees and none looking good, thought I wpuDgp. Down to the restaurant instead maybe a better selection, wrong same menu

Restaurant bar was noisy and 80,s music was too loud it appropriate they likely haven't. CHanged the cd either in 10 years. I must say the restaurant staff were nice and attentive. Iordered the roast chicken it was dry I think it was more flame broiled than roasted,either ways sent it back. Then I got sword fish, same deal I thin,the chef has a open flame. Back there it was hard, overlooked could not face anything else so. Got cheesecake instead. That was good, wine was cheaper than most hotels.

There's a Starbucks in the lobby which is nice,staff Theresa's friendly and coffee was as advertised.

Parking is $24 which seems kinda high for this place

I think you can do better in oc for the price

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank bizTaveller
Noel F, Manager at Irvine Marriott, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. We are sorry to hear that our rooms and our restaurant options and quality did not meet your expectations. It is always great to hear that our hosts are providing excellent service. We did do extensive renovations in our lobby and restaurant areas which were completed at the end of last year and we have a room renovation coming up in the not too distant future.

We have had a lot of really positive feedback regarding our new menu and would love to hear some more specifics about what we might do better. We invite you to contact Lorenzo Salgado, our Director of Restaurants, at (949) 553-0100 if you would be open to discussing your experience further.
Newport Beach, California
Reviewed February 28, 2014

I've been planning events for a living for my whole career. And, I've been planning social events for even longer. So when I come across a hotel and catering/convention staff as stellar as this one, I'm in awe.

We recently planned a gala event for 350 people and really, we couldn't have asked for a better team to help us pull it off. We were frequently disorganized and last-minute but Marriott just rolled with it all. Such consummate professionalism down to every last server, banquet person, and staff member. Incredible.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to take care of all the details of your gathering. Our Event Planners thrive on providing our guests with the opportunity to inspire an engaging experience. Additionally, we're ecstatic to hear that all of our hosts you encountered provided you with the brilliant service and professionalism many of our guests have come to expect of the Marriott brand. We have always recognized it’s not the brass and glass, or acres of marble that make the difference... but rather the relationships of our hosts and guests that are the hallmarks of our reputation. Again, thank you not only for your business but also for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to hosting your next event!
Paris, France
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Good impression while entering in the lobby, very modern, very lightly, design etc... the impression is kind of different while getting out of the elevator at the room level. You are travelling back in time from a 21st century lobby to a 80's style resort hotel. Red floor in carpet, old fashioned decoration in the corridors... The room ambiance is the same. Despite comfortable bedding, I was disappointed about the price / quality ratio. 259 USD for a night is too expensive for this old fashioned style hotel. Almost no amenities in the bathroom, I felt like something was missing in this room, I felt uncomfortable and not like at home like in some other hotels I could have stayed in. A quick refurbish is necessary to justify these rates !! Staff is friendly and valet parking is very nice (I appreciate the bottle of fresh water offered while getting in my car!).

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is not on the highway side or you'll not sleep !!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Noel F, Front Office Manager at Irvine Marriott, responded to this review, March 2, 2014
We appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our new lobby area and the new bedding in the rooms. We are thrilled that you found our hosts to be friendly, as our main focus is always customer service. We are sorry that our rooms did not meet your expectation and are excited to let you know that as part of our recent makeover, we do have a room renovation scheduled for the not too distant future.

Thank you for choosing the Irvine Marriott!
Trinidad, Colorado
Reviewed February 19, 2014

This hotel is clean, beautifully kept, and service is great. I accidentally left my shaving kit in my room after checkout. The staff kept it for me until I could retrieve it. The parking is a bit expensive, but it's very convenient to John Wayne Airport, and there are lots of good restaurants around. It would be a less expensive place to stay for a family heading to Disneyland. Rooms are a bit small and the elevator area can get jammed up, but great place otherwise.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. It is great to hear about your overall enjoyable stay! I look forward to sharing your feedback with our leadership team. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel on your next visit to the OC.