“Great experience”

Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Irvine
Southlake
“Great experience”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I reserved a block of rooms at the Marriott Irvine for my son's wedding. We had a wonderful experience from start to finish. The hotel is great, the rooms very clean and the staff extremely helpful. They directed us to nearby (walking distance) restaurants and were very friendly. Kim C., the event assistant couldn't have been more helpful. She made sure we had everything we needed. At our request, she put all of our guests on the same floor and even called a couple of times after our arrival to check on us. I had welcome bags for the arriving guests and the front desk staff gladly took care of passing them out as each one checked in. I highly recommend this Marriott!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

Marriot does a good job in all their hotels. This hotel is not within walking distance of anything but is good for conferences and meetings. Great pool and gym and a basketball court. Decent stay in OC

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank zkrscasa
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed February 22, 2013

The Marriott in Irvine truly caters to the travelers needs. We had several special requests. All were greeted with a smile and a willingness to help. The breakfast wasn't great (it wasn't bad either) but that was the only issue we had during our three day stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank rgm30
Brea, CA
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I had a Marriott gift card that was going to expire so I decided to take the kids on an overnight staycation. I chose the Irvine Marriott for its proximity to my house and the indoor pool. I upgraded to the concierge lounge for $20 more. Soooooooo worth it! The food was more than I expected. We had salmon with mashed potatoes with salad and tiramisu plus cookies and brownies for dessert. All appetizer sizes, but delicious and more than enough to fill us up. For breakfast, there were eggs, toppings, bacon, oatmeal, cereal, fresh fruit, breads and pastries, yogurt parfaits, smoothies, granola, dried fruit. Very nice for a concierge lounge and all for only $20. With two adults and two kids, so worth it. The lady who worked the lounge was attentive, very nice, and on the ball. You could tell she made connections with the guests she served. She greeted everyone with a smile. I only wished more tables would tip her for her great service. I loved that this concierge lounge allowed children because many don't which makes it difficult for those of us who have kids. I would return to this hotel just for this reason.
The indoor/outdoor pool was fun for the kids. It was heated to 88 degrees and my kids were able to swim for hours. I used the gym in the morning. Small, but clean and functional. Equipment was good.
I usually don't complain about parking fees, but $19 seemed a bit steep, especially for a Sunday. I thought we'd get the weekend rate, but we didn't.
Overall, a pleasant stay for us.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank jek134
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This hotel is in a great location, close to 405. Marriott quality is always high, and this hotel was slightly on the upper end. Our greeting upon arrival was exceptionally warm. The rooms were comfortable, the elevators quick, and the restaurant service and food were excellent. One night, I ordered from the lobby sushi bar, and the Monster Roll was great. The next night we ate in the Elements restaurant. The crab cake appetizer and the salmon had some Southern CA touches, and were excellent.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Fred W
Williams, Arizona
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I was going to the Marriot for a business meeting and I took my wife along hoping she could lounge around in the spacious hotel room... basicly get some much deserved R & R. The folks at this hotel were eger to help and that was nice but they are only needed when I check in and then out again. The Hotel was a busy place..it had more than one place to dine, a bar even a star bucks along with free internet in the lobby. I was totally disapointed with the room. My wife has a special drink she takes daily for her health that needs refridgerating.There was no mini fridge to store it so we packed our small ice chest to our room for her drink and to keep some waters cold. I feel 2 1/2 bills was far to high for the price of this room. The furnishings were dated and the bathroom floor was dirty you could see the dirt...I could feel the film on the floor with my bare feet so I wore my socks. I see on this site that the rooms are offered for half what I paid ...I do not understand that? We were there in the middle of the week....go figure. I have stayed at other high-end hotels for less and got more, newer, and cleaner. I had planned to stay 2 days but when my meeting concluded early I took my wife to a hotel that was clean and spacious with ample sitting...all around a much better place to spend time with my lovely wife.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
La Canada Flintridge, California
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Here for just one night for an event. The bellman assisting with our luggage was delightful! There was no room service menu in the room. We arrived around 7; waited a half an hour to get one sent up to our 5th floor room. Dinner arrived very timely after that though & the food was excellent. Room was small, in need of remodel & the bathroom was a bit cramped. Hwever, the beds were very, very comfy!! Hotel staff were charming & quite courteous. The Starbuck's on-site as to be the slowest on the planet. I ordered, went & checked out at the front desk, came back & they still hadn't finished my caramel macchiato...& there were only 2 people ahead of me that had ordered! Parking was quite close & well lit. Thanks to the great staff!!

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family