“Quiet Hotel in Great Location”
Review of Irvine Marriott

Irvine Marriott
Ranked #10 of 23 Hotels in Irvine
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed here over Memorial Day weekend while visiting family in the area. The hotel was in a great location to explore the surrounding area and the airport was only 5 minutes away. The room was very clean and quiet even though we were near the elevator. We couldn't hear any noise from the hallway or the rooms next door. Front desk service was prompt and efficient and the staff in restaurant during breakfast was attentive and friendly. We would definitely stay here again when in the area.

Room Tip: Club floors are floors 14-17
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Fensters

Reviewed June 1, 2011

My wife and I stayed here one night as we had an early flight out of SNA the next morning. I called in the morning and inquired about checking in early, as we were planning the last day of our vacation and wanted to maximize our time...They told me they could block me into a room and I could come over at any time and check in. Very nice of them! Check-in was fast and friendly...We dropped our bags off and continued our SoCal vacation!

The room was clean, fresh and comfortable. We did get a corner room, which is a little bit larger and was laid out differently than a standard hotel room. It was still a tad on the small side, but certainly sufficient. Average bathroom, and we do enjoy the Bath and Body Works amenities in Marriotts.

We did not use any of the hotel's restaurants or bars, so I can't report on that.

The hotel is literally 3 minutes from the airport, and the shuttle was punctual, both to and from the airport. It's a great option for SNA (Orange County / John Wayne)...We'd stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MichWorldTraveler
Reviewed May 7, 2011

Super close to the airport, but no noise. Rooms a little smaller than other Marriotts, but still large. The air conditioning seemed to struggle at times, I wish Marriott provided a lightweight blanket at all properties. Room was clean, room service was good but pricey. Waitstaff at breakfast and at the sushi bar was exceptional.

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed April 21, 2011

I frequent here, as my sales territory is in this area. I do not live in the area, so I have no choice but to stay here at least once a week.
The service is always so nice & helpful. I food is pretty good, and it is conveniently located near most of my work.
I recommend them for business outings.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank SuzanS59
Reviewed February 4, 2011

I travel 150 nights a year so I have a minimum expectation for hotels that cater to business travelers. The Marriott was very nice in the lobby area. Bar, restaurant, and sushi bar were all well maintained and efficient.
Once in the room I was less impressed. The room was small and the mattress was a 4" foam topper on the box spring. Not comfortable at all. When I checked into the room the coffee pods and cups had not been refilled from the previous guest.
Parking is $16/day and internet in the room is another $13/day bringing the total to slightly more than $200.00 per day. In that range I expect parking and internet to be included. Not a bad hotel, just not what I expect for $200 a day.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank lkm55
Reviewed December 22, 2010

Having family we visit often in So-Cal, I thought we had stayed at all of the area hotels, but after a recent stay at the Marriott Irvine we have a new favorite! Great place, fabulous staff, 24 hour fantastic fitness room, big pool with jacuzzi, sushi bar, martini/wine bar. Primarily a business hotel, so they love the weekend pleasure travelers. We booked with breakfast included and were able to order anything off the menu, which was very good. I highly recommend it and we will be back! Parking was not free, but we knew this ahead of time.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank triplenickel
Reviewed December 11, 2010

Yes, this was a typical Marriott. It was convenient, clean, comfortable, friendly, and charging for extras you would get free at most other hotels. It's like those airlines that charge for luggage. IT JUST IRRITATES YOU!!! Internet was $13 a day and parking was $16 a day. Yes I could afford it but that's not the point. At this hotel class level, do you really have to nickel and dime us??!! Hey Mr. Marriott, it's almost 2011. The internet is free even at the Super 8. Love your hotels, hate your extra charges.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business