“An excellent hotel without any real frills”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Irvine - Orange County Airport
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Irvine
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 27, 2009

I stayed at the Embassy Suites with my two toddlers for a long weekend. It was an excellent hotel for me and the kids. The staff is professional, the facilities clean and the complimentary breakfast well made. Like most Embassy Suites, the hotel is well suited to travel with kids. The rooms give adequate space for the whole family.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed March 8, 2009

Traveled with my husband here for a quick and local get-away. We weren't disappointed. We loved the set up of the suite (it was huge), along with the little extras like a mini fridge and microwave. The bed was very comfortable, and the whole place, including the bathroom felt clean. We would have been happy with just that, but the extra little perks is what made this stay. There is a totally free, no limit bar set up for two hours in the evening, and it is located in the beautiful atrium. We sat there for close to 2 hours and enjoyed all of the free beverages that that kind and knowledgeable bartender could mix up (they had some free snacks too). iIcan't even imagine how much money all of it would have cost if we had gone out somewhere for drinks. Then, in the morning, there was a totally free, totally delicious cooked-to-order breakfast served once again in the lovely atrium. If I add up how much the breakfast and drinks would have cost and take that off of the rate for the room, I think the final cost for our room that one night would have been about 30 bucks. Can't beat it. I totally recommend this place and will be back.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2009

This is my second stay at this property over the past few months, and it is becoming my hotel of choice in the OC area when I am here for business. It's very close to the airport, and has easy access to major highways.

When you check in, they give you a sheet which details all charges so that you won't be surprised (like parking fees, etc.). The parking garage at $15/day is actually reasonable compared to other hotels nearby which charge upwards of $20 for self park or $25 for valet! My only issue with the garage is that it's a little dark at night which isn't great for the solo female traveler! I am always able to park in the first level though, so it hasn't been a major issue.

The rooms are large and spotlessly clean! I like having the separate business/living area and bedroom. TV's are not flatscreen, but they're large and have good pictures. Refrigerators, coffee makers, and microwaves are a great touch. Bathrooms are clean with nice fluffy towels, and I love the Bloom toiletries! Separate shampoo and conditioner (rather than the 2-in-1) and body lotion cut down on the liquids I have to bring from home.

Beds are super comfy, and the rooms on each side of the hotel I've been on now have been very quiet. I've been on the 6th floor and the 10th floor...both times King, NS rooms.

Internet access is $9.95 for 24 hours, again not excessive compared to other hotels. I've never had problems with wireless here.

Made to order breakfasts in the morning are great and convenient.

Staff have always been friendly. Overall, this is a great hotel if you are doing business in the area.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank COtravelfan
Reviewed December 31, 2008

I've stayed at the Irvine, Ca Embassy Suites a few times now and I have fallen in love with their French Toast. I particularly enjoy the breakfast option at Embassy Suites.

I like the Embassy Suites concept and it makes for a pleasant business stay and would also work well for families wanting to be together, but needing one's own space at night.

The Irvine location is very close to our offices so this location makes sense for me. Across the street you'll find a McCormick and Schmick's and down the street an El Torito Grill, so you have decent dining options within walking distance.

The hotel is about 1.5 miles from Orange County Airport and near major freeways.

The staff has always been helpful and efficient and the rooms are always clean and pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed November 26, 2008

Booked this hotel on Hilton's site;

What I was promised:

Good rate, free high speed wireless internet (this was important, while I needed to access the computer)

What I got:

Remote control for tv not working, (can't change channels.)
Bathroom fan did not work.
Plenty of parking, but they insisted that I park in the parking garage. (I was charged extra $15 for parking!)
I made a local call --4 minutes, to area code 714--, and was charged $10 extra!
The Free wireless high speed internet...did cost me $10 extra!

They were not interested how my stay was. Well, they did find out now. Not good.

Stayed: November 2008
1  Thank ray5100
Reviewed November 16, 2008

This is a nice clean hotel next to John Wayne Airport and across from our favorite fine Italian restaurant Tuscany Mediterranee Grill

we love statying here, near everything just off of 405 freeway.15 min to beach,rooms are clean staff is friendly ,they have free shuttle from the airport,quiet street,parking is not free,breakfast was okay but not great
over all it is a good value

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank AmerTurk
Reviewed October 21, 2008

We stayed two nights at this hotel last weekend.
I was very impressed with everything about this hotel.
It has been recently renovated.

The lobby was very lovely and quiet. We were upgraded to a corner suite and it was HUGE! The living area was furnished with a large TV, couch, and chair. There was a mini fridge and microwave that were stainless steel (very classy). The counters
were marble/granite and we had a coffee maker w/gourmet coffee.

The bathroom was HUGE. Marble counters and extremely clean.
I am very picky when it come to hotel bathrooms and I give this one 5 stars.

We had a double room with two double beds. Very nice mattresses and pillows. There was a big TV in the bedroom, too.

There is a nightly free happy hour from 5:00 to 7:00 PM. All you can drink cocktails, wine, beer, and snacks.

There is a free cook to order breakfast in the mornings. The omlettes were very good. The buffett items were a little cold and stale.

There is a free shuttle to the South Coast Plaza.
Raul was our driver and he was awesome. I have never had
such great customer service that was so genuine and warm.
He is a gem.

The hotel is very close to the John Wayne airport and they offer
free shuttle service there as well.

I will always stay at this hotel when in the area.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled on business