“Great option for a family to stay for Disneyland vacation”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Irvine - Orange County Airport
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Irvine
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 13, 2013

This hotel really exceeded my expectations. I had given up on ES because so many we had stayed at were old and noisy. But my husband had frequent stay points which allowed us to stay here free for 5 days for a family of 6. Naturally, I couldn't turn it down.
Turns out, we really liked it and were very satisfied with the hotel. The room was clean and roomy, the beds comfortable and the bathroom very clean, with plenty of big fluffy towels. Good internet connection, too. We really enjoyed the cook to order breakfast (free!). So much excellent food. They even had different specials every day, fresh fruit and great service. Each of my kids had several plates each morning, and the staff kept cheerfully picking up the plates. The parking felt very safe in an enclosed parking garage behind the hotel. (Parking is generally 15 dollars, but was free for HH diamond members) All of the staff we encountered were friendly and professional.
My biggest worry was noise. This is a typical Embassy Suites with the rooms surrounding an indoor atrium and yes, you can hear some noise in the living room area of your suite. The doors do not seal perfectly. But it was less noisy than I expected, and with the connecting door closed, the back bedroom was remarkably quiet. Also, we stayed primarily during the week and the majority of guests seemed to be business related travelers, not a lot of running and screaming kids and teenagers at night. At breakfast, my kids seemed to be the only children around until the weekend. Having been at Disneyland all day with huge crowds, the hotel became our quiet oasis away from the craziness. We were able to reach Disneyland easily in less than 20 minutes (using the car pool lanes) As a bonus, my twin daughters loved the aquarium (and the lights were turned off to the aquarium at night)
We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Hotels201, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Irvine - Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2013

Thank you for your kind words about our Hotel. I am very pleased to hear that we were able to meet and exceed your expectation or rooms, and the amenities we offer.

We hope that you will continue to make our hotel your first your choice whenever you’re in the Irvine area, and please feel free to contact me with any comments, or suggestions you may have in the future.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

December 29-31, 2012
Internet/Staff: Upon arrival I asked about internet service. Was told that I was not at the level for free internet. I asked how many more points or nights would I have to have to attain the level for free internet. I was told "I don't know". I asked if internet could be comped. He said "I'll talk to my manager, he was joking around with you at check in." I told him that I like staying at Embassy Suites & it is always my first choice. Throughout my 3 night stay, paying for two rooms, I was not contacted either way, yes or no to comping internet service. How the situation could have been handled was to contact me and discuss options to attain a higher member level. I also know that comping small services is at the discretion of each manager. My feeling walking away was that I didn't count and it didn't matter if I returned or not as the front desk clerk did not follow through. This is not a good practice to develop customer loyalty.
Towels: Upon arrival there were no bath towels. I called the front desk and reported my findings. A very nice person promptly delivered towels. The second night there were no towels in the bathroom. I called the front desk and towels were delivered promptly. The third night there were towels in the bathroom. 66.7% of the time no towels, not good statistics.
What I did like. The layout of the rooms and hotel is spacious. The room clean, bed comfortable and the complimentary breakfast was great. The staff tending to the dining area and the cooks were very friendly. There was ample supply of fresh fruit and the cook was very accommodating in preparing only vegetables.
Of the two rooms one was a handicap accessible room. The person who stayed in that room is a paraplegic. The room was amazinly large with ample room to wheel about. The only draw back was the tub/shower. Although it was ADA it was not a roll in shower. The transfer can be a bit tricky for paraplegics. He is a young strong man who "rolls with it" so he made it work. For a person more frail it could pose a problem. Overall the ADA room was very nice.

Room Tip: ADA room large with ample room to wheel around. Tub shower with bench, not roll in.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

First, I would like to thank you for taking the time to rate our services. We realize that your time is very valuable, and we appreciate you giving us your feedback.
I am very sorry to see that we were not able to meet all of your expectation with our room, and internet services, or the way in which your question were answered during your stay. We have also taken note of the other issue you pointed out such as: “the bath towels not being in your room” and we will be working extremely hard to see that does not reoccur in the future.

Once again, I like to thank you for your feedback, and should you have any additional comments, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I liked this hotel, close to everything. Rooms were nice but small, some of the finishing touches were missing and incomplete with the remodel. Food was excellent, staff was very nice.
Parking is a little expensive, noise levels were high because of the atrium.
Great to have laudry facilities at the resort.

Room Tip: Remember, the rooms are open to the atrium and you can hear people if they are up late.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Hotels201, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Irvine - Orange County Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to rate our services. I am sorry to see that we were not able to meet all of your expectation with our room during your stay, and we have taken note of the areas you pointed out, and we will be working extremely hard to see that they are brought up to standard, and hopefully we will be able to meet and exceed your expectations in the future.

Once again, I like to thank you for your feedback, and should you have any additional comments, or suggestions, please feel free to contact me directly @ John.Pease@hilton.com, or call me @ 949-553-8332.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

Do not stay here! I made a reservation for a 2room suite and upon arrival was given a 1room. I was under the impression that there were nomore however, i was given the room i paid for. Basically they wanted me to pay the price of a 2room suite but stay in a 1room studio. ANother disappointment was the fact that the set of keys given to our room didnt work and had to wait for the right set to be given. The final straw was that the spa was NOT HOT! grr. i spefically wanted to stay here bc of their indoor spa.SMH Never again

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to rate our property. I am sorry to hear that we were not able to meet all of your expectation with our room during your stay. I see that you booked a 2 room suite, which means a living room area, and a separate sleeping area. It does not mean 2 sleeping rooms. I'm very sorry for the confusion and a see how you may have come to that conclusion, and we will make sure that our rooms’ description is detailed a little more clearly to prevent this type of misunderstanding from reoccurring again in the future. We have also taken note of the areas you mentioned, and corrected them so they are now up to standard.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

The room was outstanding with separate bedroom and living room. Well appointed and clean. The service was good except no wash clothes the second day. The issue was the restaurant in the evening. The breakfast is an exceptional buffet with made to order eggs, french toast, etc.
Lots to choose from and well done. We had done a pre-order for dinner on January 1st. Came into the restaurant and it took 45 minutes to receive two salads. Restaurant manager was finally called and got the salads delivered. He, in my opinion, needs to be more visable in the restaurant. We had asked three servers about the order, given them our name and order and were told each time it was coming. They were not busy so it was not the issue with too many customers. Asked about why they were not made up for the time on the order was that they were afraid people would not show up. The final issue with the restaurant was the grab and go breakfast the last day as our group was leaving early. Large box with - a bagel, cream cheese, small green apple and a 3 oz Orange Juice. It was a joke. Not what you would expect from a Embassy Suites.

Front desk staff was excellent and we really did enjoy our stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to let us know about your stay. I am very pleased to hear that we were able to me or exceed your expectation with our room, and breakfast buffet. We have taken note of the items you pointed out with our restaurant service, and we will be working extremely hard to see that they are brought up to standard, and hopefully we will be able to meet and exceed your expectations in the future in those areas as well.

Your loyalty is very important to us and we hope that you will continue to make our hotel your first your choice whenever you’re in the Irvine area. Please feel free to contact me with any comments, or suggestions you may have in the future.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I am a huge fan of Embassy Suites. I always feel like I am getting my money's worth with the large room, manager reception and included breakfast. This added value goes a long way with me, especially since we have had less than memorable experiences with other hotels that charge 2X as much for much, much less. This Embassy Suites in Irvine was very nice, clean and modern. The breakfast area was very pleasant and the restaurant bar looked fun. We stayed on the first floor and surprisingly, it was incredibly quiet in the bedroom. Overall, great experience! We will stay there again. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest

My name is John Pease, Front Office Manager for the Embassy Suites in Irvine. I would like to thank you for your kind words about our property, and services. I am very pleased to hear that we were able to meet or exceed your expectation with our rooms, breakfast, and managers’ reception.

Your loyalty is very important to us and we pride ourselves on delivering exceptional service. We hope that you will continue to make our hotel your first your choice whenever you’re in the Irvine area.

Please feel free to contact me with any additional comments, or suggestions you may have in the future.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Rooms are actually 2-room suites. The rooms are clean, large and comfortable. The included hot breakfast is one of the best. Hotel amenities are excellent. The staff is exceptionally friendly and makes the stay very enjoyable. This is one of the better values we have experienced. There are lots of families because of it's proximity to Disneyland. The hotel is about three blocks away from two strip-malls, but in most cases (like most of LA) you will want a car.

Room Tip: If you need a handicapped-accessable room, they have excellent facilities.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

I am very pleased to hear that we were able to exceed your expectation with our rooms, and amenities. We take pride in delivering exceptional service, and creating fun and memorable experiences. We know that you have many choices when selecting a hotel, and we hope that you will continue to make our hotel your first your choice whenever you’re in the Irvine area.