Courtyard Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County
$155
$111
$116
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsjohn wayne airportfire pitfree parkingmain stfront desk staffmarriott brandcomplimentary coffeebusiness tripdecent sizebed was very comfortablenice lobbyconvenient locationwi fiparking structureeasy accessparking lotorange county
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed 3 nights and everything about my stay was great. The room was very clean and had a lovely view of the courtyard. I didn't have any noise problems and the wi-fi worked perfectly (a necessity since my daughter needed it to write and submit a final exam paper). The beds are so comfortable. Parking is convenient and complimentary. I was unfamiliar with the area and the staff was extremely helpful with recommendations and directions.

Get a cup of Starbucks in the morning from the Bistro in the lobby, sit in the courtyard and enjoy the sunshine. The location is convenient to UV Irvine and great shopping at Fountain Valley Mall and South Coast Plaza. I'll stay again the next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Everything about our stay was perfect. The staff was accomodating even when presented with "above & beyond" requests. The bed was very, very comfortable. In the courtyard there are lovely conversation areas sitting areas one with a fire pit. We enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2013

This is the first and last time I ever make a reservation at this Couryard hotel. The customer service was extremely poor. I am a gold elite Marriott member and stay at Marriotts all over the country. My reservation was at the government rate , however somehow I left my government ID at home. HOWEVER I had all types of other ID as well as business cards , picture ID and assignment papers with government letter head and my name.
However the desk staff and later the manager indicated that they would NOT honor my rate without the actual ID. They really made me feel devalued.
I ended up at the local Newport Marriott and they did a wonderful job recognizing me as a gold elite member and setting me up in a fine room.
This is the first and ONLY time I have had this hard of a time at a hotel! They can KEEP IT!

Room Tip: who knows?
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BillTLansing
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We had 20 rooms booked for our wedding at the Irvine Marriott and we stayed there as well. They upgraded us to the Presidential Suite which was amazing to get ready in and have people over after the wedding. The best part of the entire experience was the staff. They were amazing! From the room coordinator, the front desk, the restaurant staff, to the service staff, they went out of their way to make sure everyone had an enjoyable experience. The lobby is nicely decorated and comfortable and the pool area is great and has new cabanas. We highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: I prefer higher up rooms for the view. Try to get a room that doesn't face the freeway.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel alone while picking up my daughter at school in Irvine. It's a little hard to find as it's tucked in behind an apartment complex and a restaurant, but it's very convenient to the 405 and to Jamboree Road, as well as to the John Wayne Airport.

I had gotten a very good AAA deal of $89 a night for a room with free parking and free internet. The lobby was welcoming and well laid out, with a coffee/drinks bar (which included light food fare, as well), a lounge area and an exit to a lush courtyard with firepits, a pool and a nice grassy area with tropical foliage.

I was asked if a first floor room would be okay, and I said sure, since I was tired and didn't feel like hauling my stuff up the elevator anyway. To my surprise, I walked into a courtyard room with a little patio just steps from the pool and firepit areas. It was such a nice location--so relaxing and lovely. There was no noise from the pool during my stay and only a few people who sat in the courtyard, so my patio was such a lovely place to sit, listen to the birds, have a glass of wine and check my email/read/relax after a day of moving my daughter out of her dorm.

The room was nicely appointed with a comfy King-sized bed, a sofa-bed and coffee table and a very comfortable desk area. The bathroom was split into a shower/toilet area and a vanity/sink area. The only clumsy thing here was the toilet area door which opened out in the sink area and blocked the closet. Other than that, the bathroom area was nice/well-lit and roomy enough.

There was a large HD tv with a great picture, plenty of channels and it swiveled to face any area in the room. I liked that the heat/AC was controlled with a wall switch, which kept the room very comfortable. It was nice to have the option of fresh air, too, from the patio door.

I felt safe, even though I was on the ground floor, and my car (loaded for a day and a half with all my daughter's belongings) was safe in the front parking area, which was hidden from view of the street. There was a two-story covered garage behind the hotel, but it didn't have a gate or anything, so I felt my car was safer out front. The entrance to the hotel was odd enough to keep it from being much of a target for thieves.

I didn't notice any noise from the airport, although there was some noise occasionally from the 405 freeway. Being on the courtyard side seemed to help with that. Its location was so convenient for Concordia University and UC Irvine--wish I'd found this one sooner, as I'm down there a lot for my daughter. You could get to the schools in minutes without going on the freeway at all, so it was great during heavy commute times. It's close to shopping and restaurants and doesn't feel as isolated as some of the other area hotels.

I was very pleased with my stay and would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Stay on the courtyard side for less noise and a lovely view.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family