“Close to John Wayne Airport” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County

Courtyard Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Irvine
“Close to John Wayne Airport”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We picked this hotel because it was close to the John Wayne Airport and in between the cities of Irvine and Newport Beach. It was located on a good thoroughfare which connected us to several places we wanted to visit. We had a room that overlooked the courtyard, pool and fire pit. The price was reasonable, but my son thought we had a good price because it was during the winter season. It was clean and modern. Breakfast is served, but it is not included in the price of the room. Internet was free! We always appreciate this. I was also glad they were good at recommending places to eat since we were new to the area and had no idea where to start. They handed us a well-organized paper listing the nearby restaurants, the types and the directions. We were there for a pleasure trip, but this is also a good business hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Crteach
Cindy H, Director of Sales at Courtyard Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Crteach,

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to give us your feedback. We are happy to hear that our staff was able to assist you with all of your needs. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Falls Church, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The hotel is located a few km from the John Wayne Airport and has easy access to the 405 Freeway. It is not a few km from the campus of UC Irvine. This hotel was not up to the same standards as the other hotels of the Courtyard Marriott group. The response on check-in was a bit perfunctory. The most negative aspect of the stay was that the room walls were paper thin - and the rooms did not appear to be acoustically isolated from one another - rather disconcerting and unpleasant to say the least. The "so-called" Main Street is actually a six-lane speedway. There are only a few restaurants within walking distance. If you visit this hotel without a car, you will be stranded as there are few services/stores within easy walking distance. In summary, this Courtyard/Marriott is an OK but it is an uninspiring place to stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does not face the highways.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear ae6378137,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate all feedback and I will make sure that your concerns are addressed.

If you would like to discuss your stay with further, please feel free to reach out to me at anytime via email at cindy.han-reta@marriott.com.

I look forward to hearing from you!
San Francisco, California, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

During my stay I was so disappointing with not only the service but lack of sleep I experienced. We were placed in a room that had constant noise from a facility door leading to the outside opening and closing. This was a very important trip for us and not getting any sleep left a sour taste in my mouth. Many amenities were lacking to top it off. Even simple things like enough towels in the room or the "free coffee" at 8:00am. Often times we pick Marriott not just for work events and functions but personal trips as well. However, my experience here was so dreadful I do not think that is going to be the case. Around 7am the slamming door stopped and then a cleaning person decided 8am was the perfect time to vacuum outside my door. We decided to leave early to have a little bit of serenity in our vehicle. I spoke to the front desk during check out and could not even receive an "I am sorry" wrote the GM and no response. Terrible customer service that is not the way to treat paying customers.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank Kourtney L
newport beach, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Good basic hotel for business or family trips and reasonably priced. The staff was very professional and friendly. Location is convenient, close to the 405 freeway. The late 2:00 p.m. check-out was a nice bonus.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Jamboree.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Poggy2002,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your time and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take great pride in both our hotel and service and we are happy to hear that we were able to accomodate you with both.

We hope to welcome you back soon!
southern california
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed here last year for a work related training and the amenities were good.

It was very convenient and more affordable to get my beer and wine from the Irvine Market liquor store (2540 Main St) that was walking distance from the hotel. I bought a cupcake merlot wine for $8.49 and a 6 pack of shocktop beer for $8.99. So you can compare this to the beer/wine prices at hotel.

I asked the hotel for a corkscrew and they had that for me.

All and all this hotel was close to my training and the Irvine Market walking distance away made my 2 night stay pleasant. Next to the Irvine Market is a few cafes to eat at too. The front-desk was nice too.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ecomango,

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here in Irvine and we made your work trip a little more pleasent for you.

Thank you again! We hope to welcome you back soon!
Central New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Checked in recently and was pleased with the renovations, clean lobby, nice pool, rooms were decent (little loud with foot traffic above). I give it an average because when I checked in they gave me a key to a room on the 4th floor with a nice view, however, there were still people I'm this room! I did I a double take and opened the room again and was in some what shock. Went down to the front desk and informed them of the situation, they apologized and gave me a room on the 2nd floor but when i opened the blinds there were two huge trees as my view- Coming from NY in the winter, i just wanted a little SoCal sunshine and had originally requested a room with a view so I asked if they could move me to a a room comparable to the initial room and was told someone would be right up to give me new keys. Waited about 25 mins, finally tracked down an employee and he put me in a room with a poolside view. The front desk sent up a bottle water and a Naked fruit drink. What saved this from being a disaster was that they also gave me in a free beer..It's good for business trips but ill probably venture else where next time I'm in this area.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Cindy H, Director of Sales at Courtyard Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear MrVD44,

Thank you so much for your review. Your feedback is truly appreciated. I apologize for your experience and I will be speaking with our General Manager to see what we can do to alleviate this situation. If you would be so kind as to contact me via email at cindy.han-reta@marriott.com, I would love to hear a little more about your experience.

I look forward to hearing from you!
Fremont, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Even though this and the other hotels in the area appeared to be sold out, I was able to get a reservation becuase of the Marriotts Rewards program. The price was very good and the location was convenient to SNA airport, but not too close to be noisy. The lobby has been updated with a modern design and has a good cafe for breakfast and light dinner. Very comfortable to hang out in as is the fire pit area in the courtyard.
Rooms were comfortable, but the bathroom would be small for more than one person.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms open on to the inner courtyard and pool.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Corinne F
Dear Corrine F,

Thank you so much for your review. We appreciate your great feedback. We are glad you were able to enjoy your time here as well as save a few dollars! We take great pride in our service as well as our product and your review validates all of our hardwork.

Thank you so much and we hope to welcome you back soon!