“Good Food. Good Prices”

Ranked #14 of 672 Restaurants in Irvine
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: We are a fast casual seafood restaurant chain that offers quality seafood in large portions at affordable prices. Try us today and "Get Hooked" #CaliforniaFishGrill
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Really enjoy this place, they have a lot to chose from and everything I have tried in the past has been good. Most seafood places are always overpriced or their food isn't the freshest, can't say I've experienced any of that with California Fish Grill. I prefer the salmon but the shrimp tacos are also hard to pass up. Would certainly recommend this joint if you are a fan of seafood.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

Little money but you want fish? Then come here. When I want a good size meal that includes fish and little to spend I come here. This is actually a chain. I usually stay away from chains, but this place is an exception to the rule. I always get the grilled fish with garlic butter (I know I should not have too much butter but it is healthier than fried!), usually the whitefish with brown rice and grilled zucchini. The portion is large and the total cost about 11 bucks including tax. Sometimes when I'm really really hungry, I'll order the Spicy Corn Chowder for $3.25.

This place, you order ahead of time before sitting. It is NOT fine dining.

1  Thank Alex080856
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I am a big fan of the CFG franchise and have visited almost all of the locations. I would say this is a great location with a lot of action and is close to other shops nearby. Love the Salmon as well.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Fun atmosphere with fast service and delicious seafood selections. We had the crab cakes and the fried pollack and both were scrumptuous. I especially enjoyed the coleslaw which had almonds and raisins tucked in with a delightful sauce.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Is this the best fish you've ever had? No, but it is right up there and it is relatively inexpensive and the service was quick and efficient. And...you get a ton of food for the cost. My wife and I both opted for the standard fish and chips (pollock) while I added some scallops. It was our first time here and we should have split our order to include some of the grilled fare (it looked delicious), but we played it safe. When the food came out, we were shocked that there was so much of it. It was cooked beautifully and seasoned perfectly and the filets were juicy and lean. We didn't have our kids with us, but they had a very kid-friendly menu that our kids would have loved. Well done.