“Great trendy internatinal Vibe”

Kitima Thai Cuisine
Ranked #241 of 698 Restaurants in Irvine
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed September 12, 2011

What I love about Kitima's is the diversity of people you find there. Not once have we gone and not enjoyed a conversation with a new stranger.
My review is more about the Bar section of Kitima's.
The restaurant food can be average at the best of times but the gorgeous decor makes the experience so worthwhile.
I don't know where one of the last reviewers was when they went there but I found their review to be strange.
Kitima's is easy to find - just watch for all the cars outside this beautiful homestead.
The staff both outside and in make your arrival, parking and seating a pleasure, well done to all.
As a Capetonian this remains one of my favourite places to hang.

Reviewed May 24, 2010

This place is fantastic. I've eaten here around 15 times now, having visited regularly for several years while in town on business. The wait staff is incredibly kind and accommodating, suggesting (successfully, I might add) dishes according to what I said I liked. They always are kind and attentive and genuinely seem happy that I am enjoying the food or the Thai iced tea, which they always promptly refill if it gets down to a quarter cup left.

I have yet to have an entree here that was anything less than superb, and Kitima never leaves me wishing they could have made the dish more spicy - something that happens a lot at restaurants in California. I've had the Drunken Noodles, Yellow Curry, Green Curry, Salmon Curry, Firecracker Beef, etc. All were just fantastic. We have a Kitima in San Diego, and it's even near my house, but I am very sorry to say that the menus are not the same. How I wish this restaurant were in San Diego.... In every way, this restaurant delivers. Don't miss it.

Reviewed March 20, 2010

We have had far better experience with Thai food. When ordering we had clearly mentioned that we wanted to have something spicy, the Bangkok duck served looked good, but tasted like molten candy over BURNT DUCK.

A stick "STAY AWAY" if you are in the mood of something spicy.

Calamari served was under cooked, seemed to have jumped on to our plates without being through the kitchen.

The shrimp served was OK, but you probably would have had better @ your home kitchen.

But the Coke served was good and perhaps the only dish which met our expectation.

Reviewed December 4, 2009

I went to Kitima not too long ago.

This restaurant is a little hard to find. It is in an office courtyard on the ground level. Small and quaint venue.

The food was tasty thai....not too different than anywhere else you may have had thai food.

What makes Kitima different is the staff, location and free refills on your Thai Tea.

I ordered the Pad Thai which is an all time favorite. You will like it too if you like noodles.

The Thai Tea was excellent and even better that it kept coming.

The bad part is parking and not that there wasn't enough, just that you have to park in a parking structure. There is enough time to park and exit for free if you are seated pretty quickly and don't drag out the conversation while eating. The restaurant does validate. Don't rush through your meal, but don't eat a snail's pace.
The best part was definately the Thai Tea refills, followed by the outdoor seating that overlooked a fountain.

Reviewed December 18, 2008

Love the concept, a modern version of traditional thai food, with all the flavours and spicyness. Definately impressed.