“Carter took good care of us”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Michelson Dr and Jamboree
Description: Ruth's Chris Steak House specializes in serving aged USDA Prime steaks, broiled in a trademark 1800-degree oven and served on a plate heated to 500 degrees to ensure the steak stays "sizzling" hot. To experience fine dining at its best … Just follow the sizzle to Ruth's Chris Steak House located in Irvine, California!
Reviewed June 27, 2016 via mobile

They offer a prix fixe 3 course menu that is so reasonably priced ---one could get a surf and turf meal which is excellent--for about $50, complete with a salad, sides and desert. We all shared our sides family style and while there are those who would say it isn't a Mastro's or a Selanne's, I would argue that it is comparable since we are talking half the price of what you would spend in those places.

Carter, our server that night was relaxed, attentive and friendly and made us feel right at home. Not stuffy at all and exactly what I needed that evening. Will definitely return and will try to ask to be seated at his section. Because I had my kids with me it was perfect--easy-going, enjoyable and never intimidating.

Plus corkage at $15 is a steal.

Date of visit: June 2016
Write a reviewReviews (376)

Reviewed June 27, 2016

This is not an inexpensive place to eat, in fact we spent $400 for just two people. We did not go overboard either. We had one appetizer (the crab cakes, WOW), one salad (Caesar with anchovies, More WOW), bone-in filet mignon with shrimp (well maybe a bit over board :-) ), the ribeye (on a cold plate, as I like it super rare), one desert and to drink, two vodka martinis, one Arrowwood Cabernet, a port and a sherry.

So maybe we went a bit over on the drinks :-)

The food was top notch, the service was great and the atmosphere was very nice (we had a booth).

We will be back, once we save up enough :-)

Reviewed June 20, 2016 via mobile

I visited this restaurant with my wife. Food was great and the service was excellent. As the result we had a wonderful evening. It is pricey but certainly is high in quality.

Reviewed June 14, 2016 via mobile

We had a reservation at 7pm. We got there an hour early - thinking that we gonna hang out at the bar in the main time. Luckily they were able to seat us right away. We ordered steak (petite filet for me) and broccoli plus sweet potato. Also a skinny margarita. The bread they serve is unbelievably delicious, crunchy and fresh! The butter was amazing too! The meat (medium rare) was great however little fat was around it which i didn't like! The sweet potato was the best!! So yummy!!!
Server was nice and friendly, punctual and informative! I would return and recommend this place!!

Reviewed June 8, 2016 via mobile

Took family to a nice steak dinner, first time at one for Ruth's branches

Staff was very friendly. Seating wasn't ideal, but too crowded and noisy for my taste

Food was good, would not call it great. Steak was good, moist and well cooked. Not a fan of using butter in coating but was ok. Sides were also good, not great. Family enjoyed their evening

Nice option but I personally the steak at some other locations.

Date of visit: May 2016