“A fun way to eat” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Lake Forest, California
“A fun way to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

A group of 6 went yesterday for a second visit. Usually packed we were lucky and got seated immediately. Oddly enough the service was better when the place was packed. The service was good, but the gaps between each batch of food was slower. We had a big variety off the menu (my favorite was the fatty pork). The one unfortunate item was the spicy baby octopus. They were not the tiny ones but the size where the body is nearly 2 inches long. It looked vaguely like a large termite. I chewed off the legs and abandoned the effort after that leaving what looked like a pair of dismembered thumbs. Don't let me put you off as this really is a great BBQ spot.
English Mike

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank michael k

Irvine, California
“All you can eat Korean BBQ with lots of favor!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

All you can eat Korean BBQ with lots of favor! I thought it was going to be teppan style bbq with no favor...I was wrong...this food had lots of favor and high quality. Lots of items to choose from.

Visited February 2014
Irvine, California
“Fantastic Korean BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Fantastic Korean BBQ and all you can eat. All the beef cuts are really fresh and the service is friendly and helpful. Don't wear anything nice, as your clothes will definitely smell when you leave, but well worth it.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank drillerdoc
California
“I loved this restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

The food was truly superb and our server Ronald was wonderful. Actually, the whole serving staff was great. The worked together so well and kept offering us more and more and more. It was a beautiful evening.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank maestro12
Irvine
“Pretty good!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

We came here in the mid-afternoon on a weekend and it wasn't too crowded. They're definitely trying to compete with Gen.

Some of their stuff was pretty good like the rolled-up sirloin (?) steak and brisket. The thick cuts of pork belly were interesting; a bit overwhelming actually. My wife wasn't the biggest fan. They also had a "rice cake hot dog" which was not even close to how it sounds - it's basically a hamburger patty with bits of rice cake mixed in. That was probably the weirdest thing we had, both name wise and flavor-profile wise.

Halfway into our meal, some of the workers came out with the mop and cart and started mopping around us and spraying down the tables to clean up. I think that bothered my wife more than it did me, but if you think about it that's pretty gross.

I'm not sure we'd go back if there's a long wait. But I think we'd probably give them at least a second chance.

Visited March 2013