“Not What I Expected From Houston's” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Houston's

Houston's
Ranked #2 of 643 Restaurants in Irvine
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
DC
“Not What I Expected From Houston's”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2014

I normally like Houston's and other restaurants in the Hillstone group. In fact, when traveling I check to see if there is a restaurant from the Hillstone group in the area because I have appreciated the good service and quality food. However, this location was disappointing. My grilled sea bass was bland and overcooked. It actually had a burnt flavor. Also, something seems to have changed about the french fries. They used to be thin and slightly crispy on the outside. Now they are softer and a little thicker. The new version is not as good as the previous ones in my opinion. Though I didn't care for the food, the servers here were friendly.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

• Korean first
Irvine, California
“Impeccable service and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

If you love great food, consistent taste of what you crave and excellent bar selection - this is the place. Menu selection is not extensive unlike most that has 3 pages but none one great item. Go for the rib eye, cheeseburger or french dip if you're feeling meaty and smoked salmon and loup de mer if from the ocean. Best grilled artichoke only served if in season.
We will bring out of towners and celebrate occasions (somehow we find that there's one every week)...and never get disappointed. Call for reservations for dinner peak hours or expect to wait without. Lunch menu is different from dinner - like rib eye is not available during lunch but their salads are great and thoughtful of being healthy.
Happy dinning! Cheers!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Duckysmommy
Oslo, Norway
“Good food, a bit on the expensive side...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

The food is absolutely delicious. The alcoholic beverages are very tasty as well. Th service, well, overall it is good, but to find out who is the actual server is a bit difficult. My friend and I were taken to a table, our server took our drink order and somewhere between her delivering our drinks and somewhat of a lengthy wait, our food came, but with another server. There was no notification whatsover from our server, "Just to let you know, so-and-so will be serving you..." Instead we sat there waiting for our food and we were quite ravenous at that point. The quality of the food is very good, albeit a bit expensive, but the service... well, not so great. I can't say, I was overly impressed with the service aspect.

Visited April 2014
Irvine, California
“Best French Dip in the world”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Houston's makes the best French Dip Sandwich in the Universe (I upped it from the world). Go a little early to minimize the crownds

• Visited March 2014
Mullumbimby, Australia
“Hawiian rib eye”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014

Love the Hawawiian rib eye, famous! There are internet sires talking about trying to re create it. Great service.

Visited April 2014