“Great food and ambiance”
Review of Houston's

Houston's
Ranked #2 of 664 Restaurants in Irvine
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Great food and ambiance”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Houston's offers great food and ambiance. I enjoy taking clients there for lunch because it's close to many Irvine business offices. I have also been there for dinner, however, the wait is usually long. The selection of drinks at the bar makes the wait enjoyable. Little secret, there is no corking fee if you bring your own bottle of wine. I highly recommend the smoked salmon appetizer if you are going to endure the wait.

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank Joseph M

• Korean first
“disappointed and surprised: stay away from the prime rib”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We've eaten at hustons in other locations and raved about it BUT... I ordered prime rib: medium rare here and it came out WAY overcooked... I sent it back and was concerned when it came back again in less than 5 min and this time it was chewy and not even cooked....I gave up at that point. I totally expected that someplace like Huston's would do prime rib well but I was very sadly disappointed. To be fair, my wife's grilled chicken salad and daughter's coconut shrimp sushi were great and they "comped" my portion but I'm not sure I'll try Hustons again....

• Visited August 2012
Newport Beach, California
“Can't Go Wrong”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Everything I've had there has been superb...and I go once every couple of weeks. Try the smoked salmon appetizer, they smoke it fresh in house and it's absolutely addictive.

• Visited July 2012
san francisco
“Good food”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I ate at Houston's while visiting in Southern California. Good food; fast service.

Visited April 2012
Newport Beach
“Best Steak House Around”
Reviewed June 4, 2012

The Filets are the best I have ever eaten, anywhere! The consistancy of the food is always fabulous and the service is top notch

• Visited April 2012