“Overrated and Very Inconsistent!!!”
Review of Houston's

Houston's
Ranked #2 of 658 Restaurants in Irvine
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Diamond Bar, California
“Overrated and Very Inconsistent!!!”
Reviewed November 21, 2007

First of all, i heard a lot of good things about this restaurant. So, i decided to give it a try. I made reservation's and arrived right on time, but waited about 15min for my table. I ordered the hawaiian rib-eye med-rare. It came out a little bit overcooked but otherwise delicious. My only complaint was that our waiter was very inattentive. I had to waive down the waiter for refills on my drink. My first overall dining experience was that it was just ok. My second visit, was a little bit different. We were seated right away and our waiter was very helpful and polite. However, this time around my food was terrible. I ordered the hawaiin rib-eye once again. My steak came out way over cooked. So, they had it remade. When i took my first bite i can already tell the flavor was off. It was bland! Not the flavorful buttery steak i once tried. My second visit might just be my last. When i dine at a restaurant i expect the food to be consistent and this restaurant just doesn't have the consistency that i like. Just an overall disappointed experience!!!

1 Thank mesohungry

• Korean first
Brea, CA
“a real treat”
Reviewed June 23, 2007

I have been going here for years, many, many times and it's still a treat. One of the most relaxing places to eat. Service has recently declined. Don't waste your time on any of the chicken dishes. Everything beef is great, ribs, Hawaiian ribeye and prime rib. Love their pot of hot tea. House salad with mustard honey dressing can't be beat. Red beans & rice are to die for. All desserts are A+. Pricey but well worth the drive for my Saturdays.

2 Thank yollH
Littleton, Colorado
“Delish food but service has faltered in the past few yrs”
Reviewed November 3, 2006

It's kind of a catch-22. If you want to avoid waiting an hour for a table, you have to go at like 4 pm. But if you go during off-hours, they seem like their servers are inattentive and snotty.

Even in the throes of rush hour, the servers have gotten more that way. The snotty part especially. We've been to this restaurant dozens of times over the years and they really need to step back and take a look in the mirror.

4 stars for those shoestring fries, for sure. And don't miss The Biltmore sandwich.

1 Thank NLCSMVP96
SoCal
“One of my favorites”
Reviewed September 14, 2006

This is a great restaurant. Great service and great food, and kid friendly too! The knife and fork ribs are my favorite, as is the prime rib sandwich. If you are looking for quality American food, this is the place to try.

1 Thank jaka