“Consistant and good”

McCormick & Schmick's
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 683 Restaurants in Irvine
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main & Gillette
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I've been taking business clients to dinner here for 15+ years, and it has never ceased to be first class. Their service and food are both excellent; fresh fish, oyster bar, elegant but not stuffy atmosphere. The recent purchase by Landry's has not seemed to change anything. I highly recommend it. The prices are not cheap, but comensurate for the type of establishment and food.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

Recently joined a group of 20+ in their back bar area! Delightful time had by all plus the same with others around us. The appetizer menu is superb! Many choices, good portions and great prices. I couldn't eat meat because it was Friday (Lent) but several others purchased the hamburger. Looked tasty and I could see they enjoyed it.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We walked over to McCormick and Schmick to bring back a hot apple walnut pie with cinnamon ice cream as an in room treat. Wonderful!!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is not my first experience at McCormick & Schmick's (M&S), bit it is probably my last. We ate here on Christmas Day 2012 - one of the few restaurants open in Orange County that wasn't Chinese or Mexican fare, or in a hotel.
We were disappointed in almost everything about the restaurant. The atmosphere was tired and stale. The service was okay, but not very responsive. The food was expensive and really bland. I asked the waiter if there was a local fresh fish on the menu and he suggested the two most expensive fish plates and one was a sock-eye salmon from over 500 miles away (considering the ocean is less than 10 miles away, I am thinking local is less than 500!). He might not have understood the question. My stuffed Atlantic Salmon was dry, bland and barely warm.
I would put this restaurant a step up Red Lobster in that most of the fish was fresh, but considering the price, the service I think we will pass on M & S next time.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Since Landrys has purchased McCormicks & Scmick's I would say the restaurants have become more of a basic experience in dining. That being said my lunch of mahi-mahi was very good. Service was attentive and the food came out quickly. I would return to dine.