“Great way to spend a dinner evening with friends”

Bistango Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistango Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 698 Restaurants in Irvine
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Martin and Von Karman
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Party of 8 of us had a great dinner here recently. The wine list is good enough, the food was wonderful and the service very good. I got the $36 prix fixe menu's Flat Iron Steak with the baby spinach salad, delicious. The White choco cheese cake dessert was also great. There is stage area in the restaurant and a light jazz group was playing that night with a small dance floor available with small cocktail tables. The music and some singing was also very enjoyable. There also are numerous paintings on the wall which are for sale in case you're interested.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Bistango is one of my favorite restaurants. It is a local restaurant, family owned and they have been in bussines for at least a couple decades. Although I am not a regular, I like to go at least three times a year for special occasions. Also, I like to go with people who have never been there because they get fascinated. Ever since I remember, their food is always delicious. Its menu offers a lot of variety and includes all kind of steaks, fish, shellfish, lamb, veal, pasta, pizzas, sandwiches, soups and salads. In my opinion, they have the best crab-cakes in Southern California. Also, I really like Bistango's New York Steak with the green peppercorn sauce and shoestring french fries. A few years ago, I invited my mom and she tried the lamb rack. I still remember her eyes expression after the first bite. She really loved it. Ever since then, I like to take her for dinner whenever she is visiting and she still enjoys the lamb rack as the first time. On another occasion, I took my 12 years old daughter and we ordered the chocolate soufflé her words " I could marry this soufflé"

1  Thank Mario R
Reviewed November 16, 2012

The prix fixed menu at lunch is a good deal, and there are always several specials to choose from. The wines by the glass are innovative: You may choose a 3, 6 or 9 ounce pour which allows you to indulge as much or as little as you wish. It may be a bit noisy for a romantic meal, however.

1  Thank rayu
Reviewed November 11, 2012

From the moment you drive up, until you drive away...first class, thoroughly enjoyable epicurean adventure. Knowledgeable matre d. Owner present, et al. To ensure every facet of being there is perfection, matched by the food eating experience.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We chose this restaurant for our group had a wide variety of people to please. Excellent quality and selection on menu. Great service and excellent wine choices. We will return on our next trip to CA.