“Uninteresting park”
Review of Boomers! Irvine

Boomers! Irvine
Ranked #7 of 44 things to do in Irvine
More attraction details
Owner description: When it comes to fun, Boomers! is a blast! Whether you're celebrating a birthday, having a party, doing corporate parties, events and team building, or spending quality time with family and friends, Boomers makes everything easier and hassle free. With attractions like Batting Cages, Thrill Rides, Miniature Golf, Go Karts, Bumper Boats, Laser Tag, Rock Wall, Arcade, King Arthur's Carnival and Lil' Thunder Road, Boomers is the perfect place for fun! In 2014 make sure to visit Buccaneer Cove, our newest attraction. It's a super-sized water play area that's five levels high with slippery slides, wet tunnels, spray loops and a huge splash bucket. Make the fun happen with spray cannons and the interactive aqua dome. This new water play park includes over 1000 feet of water slides. And if you just want to watch the action, kick back in a comfy lounge chair.
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Uninteresting park”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Small park with few games and rid most of them are old. The arcad Was ok but nothing other than this. My kids wants to leave the park after one hour only. I found this park uninteresting one.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Mkhayal

• Korean first
Mission Viejo
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Mini-golf courses need repairs.”
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

This is a great place for a first date, a child's birthday party, a daycation, etc. There's an arcade, a rock wall, an amusement park ride, a merry-go-round, two 18-hole mini-golf courses, batting cages, bumper boats with water guns, laser tag, etc.

My 65-year-old friend and I played two rounds of miniature golf and had a blast, despite the very poor course conditions. The carpets are torn and peeling. The rocks are vandalized. The wood behind the tees is old and misset. But we still had a great time! It's a great place. It just needs some serious TLC.

3 Thank Danean
Bakersfield, California
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“This place is a dump !!!!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Dirty, torn greens on miniature golf course. At one point. One of the kids we were with had to "fix" the fake grass carpet. Around a hole. Just so it didn't block everyone's golf balls. Sticky floors, weeds and just a general sense of management and employees don't care much for the property or its customers. Not to mention this place is in serious need of an upgrade. Much too expensive for what you get and experience. Please go elsewhere. Do not waste your hard earned money at this place.

5 Thank otev915
San Francisco, California
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“A little fun”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were running out of things to do so we came to Boomers.
The go-carts were fun. Mini golf was hilarious.

Visited November 2012
Laguna Niguel, California
89 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 233 helpful votes
“Fun for young kids but needs work and some serious TLC”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Spent the day at Boomers and while my nephew enjoyed all the activities (and the staff was courteous) I could not help but notice how the (women's) bathroom was pretty disgusting. While there was newish paint on the walls there were big gaping holes in the tiled floor. There were also big gaping holes in the tiled walls. Behind some baseboards out in the gaming areas (that are almost hidden) holes are so big rats could be living in them. And it looked as if that has been the case for quite some time. Honestly, I don't expect luxury and granite counters in a place like Boomers. I do expect a bathroom that doesn't make me want to wait to use a cleaner, nicer looking bathroom at say...a McDonald's. Automatic flushing toilets, sinks and soap dispensers & paper dispensers (or hand dryers) are pretty much mandatory to keep at least some germs at bay, in a place where kids are everywhere. Considering we spent about $100.00 for 3 of us, in one afternoon, I'm sure Boomers can afford to make the repairs.

On the miniature golf course we had fun: but golf tee holes are so worn that in some cases the holes barely held the balls in place. The "grass" carpeting on the greens needs to replaced and it was obvious no one is being paid to make it look like someone really cares about what is probably the biggest draw here.

It was such a shame, but when I saw new construction happening on the grounds (to bring in more revenue with a new attraction) and the bathrooms & mini golf course in the shape they are in, it looks like they don't see what needs tending too that has already been built and brings in most of their regular revenue. I'm sure someone out there would love a steady job of fixing up the golf course on a continual basis and the bathroom upgrade would take less than a day to complete.

I have to say that I thought the kids running the place were doing a good job, but the after hours upkeep is not being done. I wish I could recommend Boomers, but as it is, I really can't.

2 Thank married&inlove