“This place is a dump !!!!”
Review of Boomers! Irvine

Boomers! Irvine
Ranked #9 of 49 things to do in Irvine
More attraction details
Owner description: When it comes to fun, Boomers! is a blast! Whether you're celebrating a birthday, having a party, doing corporate parties, events and team building, or spending quality time with family and friends, Boomers makes everything easier and hassle free. With attractions like Batting Cages, Thrill Rides, Miniature Golf, Go Karts, Bumper Boats, Laser Tag, Rock Wall, Arcade, King Arthur's Carnival and Lil' Thunder Road, Boomers is the perfect place for fun! In 2014 make sure to visit Buccaneer Cove, our newest attraction. It's a super-sized water play area that's five levels high with slippery slides, wet tunnels, spray loops and a huge splash bucket. Make the fun happen with spray cannons and the interactive aqua dome. This new water play park includes over 1000 feet of water slides. And if you just want to watch the action, kick back in a comfy lounge chair.
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Dirty, torn greens on miniature golf course. At one point. One of the kids we were with had to "fix" the fake grass carpet. Around a hole. Just so it didn't block everyone's golf balls. Sticky floors, weeds and just a general sense of management and employees don't care much for the property or its customers. Not to mention this place is in serious need of an upgrade. Much too expensive for what you get and experience. Please go elsewhere. Do not waste your hard earned money at this place.

5  Thank otev915

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were running out of things to do so we came to Boomers.
The go-carts were fun. Mini golf was hilarious.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Spent the day at Boomers and while my nephew enjoyed all the activities (and the staff was courteous) I could not help but notice how the (women's) bathroom was pretty disgusting. While there was newish paint on the walls there were big gaping holes in the tiled floor. There were also big gaping holes in the tiled walls. Behind some baseboards out in the gaming areas (that are almost hidden) holes are so big rats could be living in them. And it looked as if that has been the case for quite some time. Honestly, I don't expect luxury and granite counters in a place like Boomers. I do expect a bathroom that doesn't make me want to wait to use a cleaner, nicer looking bathroom at say...a McDonald's. Automatic flushing toilets, sinks and soap dispensers & paper dispensers (or hand dryers) are pretty much mandatory to keep at least some germs at bay, in a place where kids are everywhere. Considering we spent about $100.00 for 3 of us, in one afternoon, I'm sure Boomers can afford to make the repairs.

On the miniature golf course we had fun: but golf tee holes are so worn that in some cases the holes barely held the balls in place. The "grass" carpeting on the greens needs to replaced and it was obvious no one is being paid to make it look like someone really cares about what is probably the biggest draw here.

It was such a shame, but when I saw new construction happening on the grounds (to bring in more revenue with a new attraction) and the bathrooms & mini golf course in the shape they are in, it looks like they don't see what needs tending too that has already been built and brings in most of their regular revenue. I'm sure someone out there would love a steady job of fixing up the golf course on a continual basis and the bathroom upgrade would take less than a day to complete.

I have to say that I thought the kids running the place were doing a good job, but the after hours upkeep is not being done. I wish I could recommend Boomers, but as it is, I really can't.

2  Thank married&inlove
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I remember going there while in high school. We went there for the batting cages recently. The place seems the same..it's run by high school students and it still smells..we went on a slow night so we didn't have to wait for any of the cages. Go at night and during a weekday to have a good time.

2  Thank OCTraveler23
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Boomers is a fun place to spend some time with children and even adults can enjoy the mini golf courses of which there are four. There are paddle boats and a climbing wall and race cars and other rides. It can get pricey though. There is a food court inside for the usual fare of pizza and burgers etc. Most of the money they make I expect is from the arcade games inside the main building.