“Business Lunch Here - Like the Rest of Irvine” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Paul Martin's American Grill - MOVED

Paul Martin's American Grill
Cuisines: Chinese, Caribbean, Dutch, Cajun & Creole, Delicatessen, Contemporary, Diner, Canadian, Czech, Eastern European, Croatian, Cuban, Central European, Chilean, Colombian, Central American, Danish, Cambodian, Costa Rican, Ecuadorean, Central Asian, Caucasian, American, Bar, European, Asian, Pub, South American
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pacifica
Transit: Route D on the Irvine Shuttle
Los Angeles, California
“Business Lunch Here - Like the Rest of Irvine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

This is an excellent spot for a bite and business. While the veggie options on the menu appear limited, the staff is accommodating. The quality has always been quite satisfying, even if the portions here are slightly smaller than you'll find elsewhere. That's a plus in some people's eyes. Recommend reservations, to ensure a seat. The outside patio can be a bit breezy, but isn't very loud if the restaurant happens to be more than base-level loud that day. I encourage you to try the non-alcoholic mixed drink with muddled raspberries, if they are in season. You won't be disappointed!

Oceanside
“Great Place for a Sunday afternoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

This restaurant or bistro was a pleasant surprise. I chose it for dinner since they specialize in organic foods. With my living in Marin County for oer 6 years I was anxious to try it.

I had the Sunday special of salad, steak, mashed potatoes and blondie for dessert, all for $25. I started out with the Lemon Drop Martini for $10 and then had the organic greens salad which I requested the Point Reyes blue cheese (is there any other?), tomatoes and red onion in it. It was fabulous and a generous portion.

Then the steak, about 8 oz. and plenty came out with the mashed potatoes with bits of chive on top and sour cream on the side came. It was very good and I could not finish it. Finally the blondie, again, a nice size but only 1/2 scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop, was on top.

It was excellent and we sat in a big booth at the wall. I enjoyed it and recommend the place.

• Visited March 2013
California
“Delicious food!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2013

Came here last night for a pre-Valentine's dinner with my husband. The food was delicious. We started with the smoked salmon appetizer which was plentiful and tasty. We had the butter lettuce salad and butternut squash soup which were very flavorful. I had the grilled salmon with a lemon vinegraitte and quinoa salad which was heavenly. My husband had the cajun trout with spinach which was equally delicious. The service was great. My only complaint was that we were seated in the "bar" area. When I asked the hostess if this was the bar, she told me no! It was! It was noisier and less romantic than the main dining area. I did not want to make a stink. Luckily, this was not a date to try to impress each other!! If I go back there, I would insist on the main dining area.

• Visited February 2013
“Great brunch!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Our first time here; we came for brunch. Fixed price, which includes a drink, fruit & rolls, and a choice of several entrees. The Bloody Mary was way above average, and included a slice of bacon:) The french toast was about the best I've ever had. Service was good; it wasn't crowded at all. We'll definitely come back!

Tustin, California
“Poor Service - Food Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Went for happy hour last night. One of the great values is their Burger and a Beer (with regular or sweet potato fries) for $12. The bar was full, so my date and I sat at the communal table with other friendly guests. We had to wait an extremely long time to place our cocktail order. When the cocktails came our waitress left so quickly, we were unable to place our food order. 20 minutes later we were finally able to order dinner - she never asked if we would like another cocktail. She only brought 2 of the 3 items we ordered, and we never saw her again until she brought the bill - never once were we asked how things were during our meal. When the bill arrived, I reminded her that she forgot our appetizer, and she asked if we would like it now--after dinner! No thanks - we had a movie to go see.

The food is pretty good here, I have dined here a couple of times before - but with the poor service received and so many choices in OC, why would I go back?

• 1 of 5 bubbles