“Simple place, great burgers and unusual drinks”
Review of Micks Karma Bar

Micks Karma Bar
Ranked #66 of 664 Restaurants in Irvine
Cuisines: American
Description: Mick's Karma Bar is a small food counter serving the freshest and most delicious burger The Karma Burger. Made out of 100% Angus SIRLOIN each one of our burger patties is hand made to order. Our all natural meat contains no chemicals, hormones or antibiotics. The Karma Burger is also available in a few different styles and we pride ourselves in making our homemade drinks.Located in Main Plaza a AAA rated office complex and retail center within strides of John Wayne Airport and numerous hotels, our premise faces the majestic park like settings of the Irvine concourse with ample outdoor seating, our premise does not face the street. Please use the same parking as El Torrito Grill and McCormick & Schmick's follow the signs to Main Plaza Restaurants, we are located between Specialty Cafe & Bakery and Kitima Thai.
Cambridge, UK
“Simple place, great burgers and unusual drinks”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We ordered take out from Mick's Karma bar while working in the business complex. Amazing burgers, and lots of us ordered and enjoyed the strawberry basil lemonade.

• Visited September 2012

Orange County, California
“Good, but not great. Fish Tacos are meant to be held.”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

At the suggestion of one of my colleagues, I went to Mick's Karma Bar. I wasn't really in the mood for a burger so I ordered the fish taco. I thought it would be small so I ordered a side salad. I also ordered the Strawberry Basil Lemonade.

My food came out fairly quickly. The soft taco shell seemed like it was 12" in diameter and contained two pieces of fish, cabbage, tomatoes, and dressing of sorts. The side salad was served on the same plate. Plastic utensils were provided. There was no way to pick up the taco and eat it and it was impossible to eat with plastic utensils. Furthermore, the dressing on the side salad ran into the taco make it even less appealing to pick up. Fish tacos are meant to be held! I did eat the fish inside which was quite good as well as some of the cabbage. The salad was good but nothing to rave over. The strawberry basil lemonade is unusual. I found it to be very sour and added a fair amount of sugar to it. That's more of a personal preference thing.

The prices are a bit on the high side, but given the high rent in that area it's not unexpected. The taco was $7.95. The total meal with tax was under $13.00.

I might go back if some colleagues wanted to go, but I probably would not return on my own.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank ElGringoViajero
Irvine, California
“Great Burgers, Great People”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

Great food at a great price. The menu is very simple - a handful of burgers and a few other items - but the burgers are to die for. Because the restaurant is located in an upscale corporate park, it was relatively deserted when we went on a Saturday night. Parking is free on the weekend and they validate during the week. Another nice aspect of the experience: the counter staff and the chef (who came out for a brief chat) are all cheerful, pleasant people. The atmosphere of the park-like setting (fountains and a terraced lawn) was very peaceful on a Saturday evening. In sum, delicious food, great service, pleasant surroundings at a great price.

• Visited May 2012
Bella Vista, Arkansas
“Great burgers!!”
Reviewed May 2, 2012 via mobile

Loved the Club Med burger!! Easy walk from the Crowne Plaza. Thank you!!

Orange County, California
“A Hidden Gem-Literally it's hidden from sight...you can not see the place from the street”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

To find this secret burger joint, park in the structure for El Torito Grill. Bring your ticket for validation. My favorite is the Habanero burger combo with Strawberrry Basil Lemonade for less than $10. Yes, basil is that green leaf. They crunch it up in the Strawberry Lemonade to make a delicious drink. Refills are allowed! My only regret is that you can't get it with a shot of vodka.

• Visited August 2011