Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County
Ranked #12 of 22 Hotels in Irvine
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I reserved 2 nights for a couple of times already. During those stays, i came back to my room which was not cleaned. Don't get me wrong, i love residence inn and i'm actually a silver elite member. But when you've had a long day, coming back to an untidied room makes matters worst!

Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank GarryCruz
Cindy H, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Dear GaryCruz,

Thank you so much for your review, I am sorry to hear that your stay was less that what you exprected. We take great pride in the cleanliness of our rooms and the service we give our guests, so I understand your frustration when you arrived back to your room and it arriving was not cleaned. I apologize for any inconvience this may have caused you. This is definetly something that rarely happens here at the Irvine Residence Inn. I would love to hear a little more about your stay with us in detail, so that we may avoid this situtation in the future. If you would be so kind as to contact me at Cindy.Han@marriott.com, it would be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to hearing from you!

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County

Reviewed July 17, 2012

This is a very nice Residence Inn with a lively, friendly atmosphere. We had two rooms - a one bedroom suite and a queen studio. Both rooms were the same size, however the one bedroom had a wall with a door separating the bedroom from the kitchen/couch area. The one bedroom also had a TV in each room (bedroom and couch area). This was a plus, as there was no arguing over the remote (ha, ha) and with the bedroom door shut the TV volumes did not interfere with one another. The kitchens are very well furnished and overall the room was cozy and comfortable with a modern decorative flair. The complimentary buffet breakfast was really good with a nice variety and the evening "snacks" are full meals and wine, beer, sodas and juice are complimentary. Breakfast consisted of fresh fruit, yogurts, waffles, bagels, toast, pastries, scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, biscuits and gravy and steel cut oatmeal. We enjoyed eating our breakfast outside on the patio and sitting around the fire pit. Heated pool and spa were sparkling clean. The hotel is just a few minutes from the John Wayne airport, within a block of the entrance to the 405 and about 10 minutes to Newport beach and maybe 15 to Huntington Beach. SF Boudin (sandwiches) and Souplantation are literally steps from the front door of the hotel and there is a Starbucks across the street in the Hyatt.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Cindy H, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2012

Dear C3Travel,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here with us. We take pride in our service as well as product, so we truly appreciate your kind words.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was an awesome experience from the moment we pulled up. The parking complimentary and plentiful and the location was ideal given the options for groceries, coffee and hip restaurants nearby. We checked in to find a room so inviting that you immediately want to kick off your shoes and dive into the bed with the remote in your hand. Our room was perfect (719) with a beautiful "city view" and windows that opened slightly to let in fresh air. "Priceless" for the experience...we had teenage boys who were playing in a basketball tournament and they were so happy with the room they never made it to the pool. The workout at Equinox down the street made it complete (fitness & relaxation). Lovely outdoor area with a fireside tabletop and everything you need to feel the "escape" mode kick-in. The kitchenette was so cute and accommodating that I can't wait to return for a staycation minus the teenagers :) and next time - I'm coming with groceries and will plan for a two-day retreat. See ya soon!

Room Tip: El Torito Sunday Brunch - gotta have it :) nearby
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear iTravelview,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! We are so delighted to hear you were able to enjoy your time with us! Hopefully next time your boys will be able to enjoy our pool and outdoor basketballs court! We can't wait to welcome you back!

All the best,

Reviewed June 28, 2012

We stayed here for 5.5 months with our baby and we had no bad experience...Everything is just perfect and best... best staff.. best service ... Elva one of the housekeeping member was very friendly and helpful... All the front desk supervisors were always ready to help.. Alex was very helpful...
The only thing i wished was more veggie options at evenings...
Rest is perfect !!

Amruta

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Amruta23
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear Amruta,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your long stay with us. We are happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I will make sure Elva and Alex see your review as I am sure they appreciate your kind words.

We hope to welcome you and your family back soon!

Reviewed June 14, 2012

My family and I stayed here for the weekend recently and the staff was very helpful. The Front Desk Supervisor, Alex, could not have been more helpful. He arranged to have my sports jacket cleaned and pressed after a careless waiter spilled olive oil on it at an airport restaurant. I also needed my rental car extended which he took care of without any hassles. The hotel was clean and friendly! We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The weekend rate that includes a rental car is a very good value. The retnatl company actually deli...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Cindy H, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Dear BDKChicago,

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel. We appreciate your kind words and we are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here with us. We are so glad that Alex was able to accomodate all of your needs and display the amazing level of customer service we like to provide here at the Irvine Residence Inn.

Thank you again for the wonderful review, we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Reviewed June 11, 2012

I stay at Marriott properties wherever my business travel take me. This time I booked the hotel for my daughter's softball tournament in Tustin, CA. The staff was very friendly. The rooms were nice and clean. The outdoor BBQ and fridge were perfect for the Moms and Dads to relax and enjoy the night while our kids played in the pool. They have a gas fire pit to roast marshmallows too. Our team enjoyed Smores in the warm Southern CA night. I special thank you to the staff that helped the team Mom place the girls names on the doors and had us all on the same floor. The breakfast buffet was essential to energizing before our Sunday morning tournament game.

Room Tip: Ralph's Grocery Store is close, pick up some smores fixings for the outdoor fire pit.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

Dear Neil,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review. We appreciate you taking the time to compliment our hotel. We are so delighted to hear you were able to enjoy your time here during your daughters softball tournament! Excellent service and product is what we strive for and we are glad you were able to experience both!

Thank you again for the wonderful review, and we hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed May 21, 2012

I've traveled for years and can be picky about my accommodations, so when I arrived at the Residence Inn I was very pleased to begin my stay with a sense of security and comfort. The location is perfect being close to major freeways yet far enough away to avoid freeway noise. Shopping, restaurants, and entertainment are very close by, and the ocean is easily within 20 minutes. Landscaping is beautiful and well kept, and the firepit in the back a cheerful social escape. My room was very clean and well furnished. I felt very comfortable during my entire stay, and appreciated the free parking, free breakfast, and free internet. Everyone was curteous and professional, I would stay here again without question.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Cindy H, Director of Sales at Residence Inn Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

Dear Mtnguru,

Thank you so much for the raving review! We appreciate you taking the time to compliment our hotel and staff. We here at the Irvine Residence Inn take great pride in our product and service and we are happy to hear you are enjoying both.

We hope to welcome you back soon!

Best,