“I will not stay in this hotel again” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum

Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Irvine
Tucson, Arizona
“I will not stay in this hotel again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice and both times was a horrible experience! The first time was on July 16th. where I checked into the room and the air conditioner was off. So I turned it on thinking it would cool the room but finally realized it did not work and was blowing hot air. So they switched me to another room which of course means having to re-pack everything to move to the next room which was fine.

My second visit was August 13th. and that was an even worst experience. Then I check into the room and got everything settled before going to dinner. When I returned I was ready to settle in and watch T.V. and go to sleep. I went to turn the T.V. on and it did not work. I went to the front desk carrying the remote and got new batteries before going back up and it still did not work. When I checked in I also ask for a ground floor room due to having a broken arm and not wanting to carry bags upstairs. I was told they had no ground floor rooms. When I went back to the front desk to complain that the T.V. was still not working the front desk person who was very nice said she could put my in another room and gave me two keys to check the room before I moved again. Both rooms were on the ground floor. I chose a room and again had to go pack everything back up, carry it back down the stairs and back to my car before finally settling into the room. I thought everything was fine until the next morning when I got up and went to make coffee and the coffee pot did not work. When I checked out I again complained about that issue and was informed they would have the G.M. contact me and something would be done about all the problems I had experienced with this property. I left my phone number but of course I never heard from the G.M. I have lived in and out of hotels for many years and this without a doubt is the worst hotel I have ever experienced!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank D M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
San Clemente, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Had to get my house fumigated and needed a place with kitchen, etc. Found This Extended Stay America in Irvine at a great rate. I was shocked and pleased with the property. The room was a good size, the bed was comfortable and there was a kitchen ready to use. Bathroom was roomy with a tub/shower. I was very pleased with my experience and I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for your time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you were pleased with the property. My team and I truly appreciate your comments regarding the size and comfort of the room during your stay. As well, it is great to know that you would recommend our hotel to others!

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel has been a disappointment since the very first day. The quoted price we were given was not honored, we have had to pay $500 more than expected, even after speaking to a manager about the price.
The toilet in our original room was broken, causing us to have to move rooms with no compensation.
The internet has worked a total of 3 times during our stay. My husband has had to find other locations to complete his at home work tasks, causing him to be away from his family longer than necessary.
We have tried to be very courteous to the maid service and leave the room while they clean, this last week our room was not cleaned. The previous cleanings have not been great either. I feel I am still wiping everything down before I let my son down to play. When I called and asked about this I was told the room would be cleaned sometime the next day. I would like a general time so I can plan my sons naps accordingly.

Overall, this has been a terrible experience and we will not be coming back. If there was another establishment that offered a kitchenette, we would have checked out earlier.

• Stayed July 2013
5 Thank callfamily
Fresno, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

The air conditoner didn't work in the room and it was like a sauna in the room it just blew hot air.
I told the staff of the problem and they didn't offer to help in any way. I was told they would let the manager know about the problem.
I couldn't sleep I was sweating all night. No ammenities in the room, I wish the staff would of told me I had to ask for them when I checked in. I choose this hotel because of the location, but I will not be staying in an extended stay hotel every again. The peep hole in the door was installed backwards so you could look into the room, not out. The window was unlocked and unsafe, I noticed it and locked it. The drapes wouldn't stay closed, anyone walking by could look into my room. I proped up items in the room in front of the drapes to keep them closed for privacy.
The internet worked fine, the tv worked and the shower worked. Thats about all I can say.
I would not every stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a blow dryer and shampoo and coffee at check in. Get a room with an air conditioner that wo...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Betty S
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Betty - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The experience you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize that the A/C in your room did not work properly. In response to this feedback, our maintenance staff has repaired the unit in your room. As well, I am coaching the staff on how to better handle guest requests and reviewing the importance of them doing so in a more timely fashion.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your comments as it will help us coach our team better. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Room is TINY, smells like cigarettes and paint, toilet was broken, "kitchenette" is a slab of Fornica sticking out 2 inches from the bed with a broken burner, mini fridge that doesn't close, and the AC blows directly on the bed (3 inches away) with either no air or arctic temperatures while making a noise that sounds like a cat having a fight in a beehive. We cancelled our stay and are trying to get a refund for the one hellish night we did stay there.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank DainaBoone
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Daina - I wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent visit to our hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for the issues you encountered in your room. I am very disappointed that we did not catch them prior to your arrival and that you cancelled the remainder of your stay as a result of these issues. Please know, your concerns will not go unanswered. In fact, we are currently sending our Maintenance Engineer to fix the A/C, toilet and the refrigerator in your room.

I appreciate you bringing these matters to my attention. To improve our overall condition and guest experience, I have shared your comments with our staff and have implemented a much stricter program along with additional training in all departments to ensure that future guest do not relive your experience.

Once again, thank you for bringing these matters to my attention. We are most concerned with the satisfaction of all of our guests and feedback such as yours is of great value to us. This allows us to ensure and improve the quality of service we offer future guests. If I can be of any other service please do not hesitate to contact me at 949.727.4228 or email me at spt@extendedstay.com
Peoria, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I made my reservation at the last minute online with no problem (I prefer making a reservation online instead of on the telephone as it just makes it easier for me). It's a very simple process and you easily see what is available. I was a little bit frazzled after an extremely long day on the road and the girl at the front desk took care of my check-in and answered all of my questions in a professional manner. My room was clean, comfortable and quiet, and provided everything I needed. The grab & go breakfast is perfect for a cup of coffee or a bite to eat. This location is close to a variety of restaurants and shopping. Extended Stay America is always my first choice whenever I travel. (No, I do not work for them... I just appreciate what they offer).

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Sandra - Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your stay at our property. I am thrilled to hear that we were able to accommodate all of your needs, especially after a long day on the road. As well, I am glad that your room was clean, comfortable and quiet - exactly what you were looking for.

The staff and I would like to thank you again for posting your review. . We would love to see you again, should your travel bring you back to our area.
Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Avoid this MOTEL and choose from many, many other options in the Irvine Spectrum area.

We were forced to change rooms, with same-day notice, mid stay. As we were in the middle of a relocation, this was particularly straining. This motel is currently remodeling all rooms on site. We moved to a newly remodeled room where the bathroom door fell off its hinge. Remodeling will not change the fact this is a 2-story motel with outdoor parking in the middle of a white-collar office ghost town at the high-traffic intersection of Alton and Technology.

BEWARE misleading advertisements: "Studio suite rooms" are 220 square feet. "Fully equipped kitchens" have electric stoves, under powered microwaves, and no oven. "Convenient workspace" is the kitchen counter. Staff are poorly trained and misinformed.

Service is abhorrent. Housekeeping calls before 7am in hopes you are there and will avoid cleaning your room. Laundry facility faces the main street. Trash is everywhere. Grab and go breakfast includes cereal bars and individually wrapped muffins with burned coffee. No one addresses barking dogs, loud banging, nearby smoking, or left dog waste.

Please spare yourself the misery I experienced and book anywhere else.

Room Tip: Book ANYWHERE else but here
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family