“Good deal, good location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum

Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Irvine
Sacramento, California
“Good deal, good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2012

It's good for the location and the price is unbeatable if you need a long term lodging. It provides good coffee and simple breakfast. The staff are friendly. It's safe and easy access to the freeway and shopping mall.

Room Tip: When booking be specific what you need. The hotel gets full, so you might be left with no choice.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel and for recognizing the efforts of our staff. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, from the location to the great guest service, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other brand locations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
or
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

It was still a Homestead Suites when I was there in May... Pergo flooring and flat screen TVs for under 100 bucks a night (that's how you know you're in the OC, lol)... rooms were overall awesome for the price point

Location is very good, closest hotel to the Irvine train station, if you're into that sort of thing, some decent food options in the area too (like donuts at the train station chinese place)

Bathroom has a bit of a sulphur smell but that was my only issue (although a corkscrew would be nice either in the rooms or at the front desk)

Too bad it's an exterior corridor property which always gets on my nerves a little

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank anonymousor
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of our hotel. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

Room was small, dirty, and smelly. I found a used sock and several open food items under the bed. The beds were uncomfortable and we checked out two weeks early.
The hotel may be adequate for young single men but for me ( a 30 yr old female) traveling with my infant and mother, it was disgusting! Pay the extra $20 bucks and stay somewhere else
The good news is that the front desk staff was very nice when I canceled our reservation

• Stayed July 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank MntnMama
I recently received a copy of your review of our hotel. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

As this hotel’s manager, I challenge our staff to continually improve the experience of our guests, from the cleanliness of our rooms, to the courteous professionalism of our staff. Unfortunately, in your situation, it is clear that we were unsuccessful in achieving our cleanliness goals. Given our belief that guests like you are our most valuable asset, this failure is particularly troubling. Your review has caused us to take a serious look at the systems we have in place to handle our day to day operations and we will be making modifications as appropriate.

It's not common that we get the sort of feedback you provided, and although it is discouraging to read, it will help us make our hotel even better in the future. Let me apologize again that your stay was not completely satisfying, and assure you that we will continue to listen to our guests in forums like this one or directly (please visit our website and click the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page). I hope that you would give us the pleasure of having you as a guest again at this hotel or any other brand locations in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Irvine hotels

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012

For a longer stay this place is great, rooms are clean and adequately equipped for basic cooking needs. The decor is good.Walking distance to shopping and entertainment in the Spectrum, yes you can walk somewhere in Orang County!
For short stays a regular hotel may be better as the mininal "grab and go" breakfast is pretty basic and almost always all gone for a "late riser".
Recommended.

Room Tip: It's a quiet location with no road noise even on the corner units.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at our hotel. We are totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012

We've stayed at this hotel a few times while it was the Homestead Studio Suites and it was just okay. We saw a change for the better on our stay there last week. The rooms felt somewhat cleaner, although the linens did have a few cleanliness issues. But nothing that would stop me from staying here again for the location and price. Love the refrigerator and the large bathroom. The staff was much more friendly & efficient than in the past, and they now have free internet access (didn't have time to use it, but it was nice to know it was available at no additional charge if needed.) Really appreciated them blasting the air conditioning before we arrived as it was very warm and humid in Orange County and the room was quite comfortable upon our arrival. Good changes so far, and I'm sure we'll be back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Orange County - Irvine Spectrum. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Porterville, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

We always have a great experience. The team did a wonderful job. Keep up the great work.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orange County - Irvine Spectrum, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Martha O.;

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels and for taking the time to provide feedback about your stay. We value your comments so we can continue to improve the service we offer. It was a great pleasure for me to read the comments you sent regarding your stay in Homestead Studio Suites Orange County - Irvine Spectrum.
Irvine, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

If you're looking for a nice hotel with better than average accommodations, you want to visit Homestead Suites Hotel in Irvine, CA. I truly appreciate their staff, living quarters and room rates. I would definitely recommend Homestead Suites Hotel to my family, friends and colleagues without hesitation. Well done!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Dear ALM:

One of the greatest rewards of my job is receiving encouraging feedback such as yours. Our staff at the Homestead Studio Suites Orange County - Irvine Spectrum takes pride is creating a memorable, exceptional “home away from home” for our guests. Thank you again for your positive comments. I have shared them with our entire team as well as our Senior Management. We look forward to hosting you once again at Extended Stay Hotels. Best regards, Michael Daddona Regional Director of Operations