I stayed at the SpringHill Suites Irvine for a 3-day/night stretch recently, and found many things to like about it, but also some aspects that weren't so pleasant. That said, I'd at least consider staying here again on a trip out to the area.
- Great location - close to the airport but not overloaded with flight noise.
- Good value for the money - well furnished modern rooms for a reasonable price.
- Breakfast was quite good, probably one of the best complimentary breakfasts I've had at a hotel, and sadly I've eaten a number of them. Real eggs (powdered eggs must have been made by the devil), lots of fruit, cold cuts, sausages, cereals, pastries, and the coffee is pretty good!
- Great service - the staff was always pleasant and helpful whenever I needed them, and unobtrusive when I didn't.
- This may be a hotel thing or a western U.S. thing, but it seems as if there is no such thing as cold water out of a faucet. Lukewarm and hot are the only options, so get ice if you need a colder drink of water.
- The shower leaked in multiple places - and this is due to the design of the shower, there are gaps everywhere that let water out onto the floor, soaking anything sitting there.
- The hotel is only three years old, but the rooms show age older than that - stains on the carpets, stains on the furniture, wear marks everywhere, discoloration of mirrors, and so on.
- Mold starting to grow on the air conditioner vents - I've seen this at other hotels, but it's not a good thing. I'm not allergic or sensitive to it, but I can imagine problems for people who are.
Overall, the hotel is nice - they trumpet the fact that it is a 3-year old hotel, which is great, but it is already showing its age in a number of places. A few more years down the road and the ranking could drop precipitously. I will still consider it strongly for my next visit - the breakfast was that good!
Thanks for reading - if you have any questions, feel free to reach out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The SpringHill Suites Irvine hotel is located less than 2-miles from John Wayne Airport (SNA) off the Costa Mesa Freeway in the heart of Orange County. Travelers will appreciate our Irvine hotel's free: airport shuttle, WiFi, and daily breakfast buffet. The SpringHill Suites Irvine hotel offers spacious suites with plush Marriott bedding, a comfortable separated living area with a sleeper sofa and work desk, a wet-bar with mini-fridge and microwave, and a 37" HDTV featuring 12 HD channels such as CNN and ESPN. We feature onsite amenities like a 24-hour fitness center, indoor heated pool, putting green, 24-hour business center, and onsite event space. Our central location between Santa Ana and Irvine offers easy access to popular attractions like Newport Beach, the OC Event Center, and UC-Irvine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your SpringHill Suites Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Springhill Suites Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County Hotel Irvine
- SpringHill Suites Irvine John Wayne Airport/Orange County CA