“Not worth the money” 1 of 5 bubbles

Pretend City Children's Museum
Ranked #2 of 43 things to do in Irvine
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Pretend City Children's Museum builds better brains by providing a rich learning environment for young children. The Museum features a child-sized, interconnected city designed to stimulate purposeful play, hands-on learning experiences, role playing, and educational programming. Through 17 interactive exhibits and activities guided by a highly trained professional staff, children learn foundational math, reading and science skills, while fostering curiosity, creativity, critical thinking, problem solving, organization, teamwork, self-confidence and socialization. The museum is a unique community resource offering free developmental screenings and tools for families, educators and community agencies working to ensure that each child gains the experiences needed to discover their potential and build toward a productive and fulfilling future.
Yorba Linda, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Not worth the money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

Was just told by an employee that I have to follow kids around and can't have any electronic devices because they encourage us to play with our kids. I told him they're home all summer and I've played with them at home. Also informed him that From where I'm sitting I can see where they're going, they check in everytime they go to a different place and my very responsible 10 year old is with an 8 year old. Plus sometimes my kids like to be independent and like being on their own! Told me it doesn't matter! But didnt tell the grandparents or other moms with strollers on their phones to do the same. This will be the Last time I'm coming! Paid $40 to have some time to relax and watch my children play but apparently you can't do that here. And cant bring ipad or laptops. Ill take them to park or chuck e next time!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank trophywife12

• Korean first
Sacramento
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“WOW!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We were looking for something fun to do to keep our 3 year old and 9 month old happy for the day. I saw the reviews here and decided to give Pretend City a shot. It was AMAZING. There was so much to do to keep both children entertained for several hours. Indoor play on a bright sunny day was a welcome change of pace after a day at the beach and outdoors the previous day. The place was clean, the staff was friendly, and the prices were VERY reasonable. (12.50 each). This was a very great day for our whole family and money well spent. We went in the morning, took a break for lunch and came back in the afternoon until close. Our admission was good all day. This is REALLY worth a look if you have a baby who might be a little too small yet for the wonders of Disneyland and a VERY reasonable price.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Jessica S
Rancho Cucamonga, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“magical place for toddlers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

We went there on a Saturday when they had a fair outside and gave out free admission ticket for fair activities, so it was quite crowded inside the museum. My first impression was this place was so chaotic and I had no idea where to start. But apparently my 22 months old didn't think so at all. He knew what he's doing from walking into the place, and kept himself super busy between all the stations for the next five hours. He practially ran everywhere with such excitement that he could care less where his parents were. It was so crazy. This place is definitely magical for kids. He slept so well after the day of play. And the price $12.50 per person for a full day of play isn't bad at all.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank ichenle
Costa Mesa, California, United States
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great place for kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

My kids love to go here and play. Some kind of imagination. You can pretend to shop, make your own lunch, play in the water ducks, a bank, grocery store and so much more. My kids loving playing here the entire day with the nanny.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Amanda D
Corona, California
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Expensive and boring”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

I took my 9 month old son to Pretend City today for a baby steps group. The admission for infant is free but adult is $10 each ($20 for myself and my sister). They normally charge $12 per adult for admission. They let us stay for 1.5 hours. I think it's kinda small for children museum however I'd like to call it an indoor playground instead. The toys, props and play stations are pretty run down and dirty. Seriously they could have done a better job at cleaning or expanding the place. I will not be going back there again.

Visited May 2013