“I'm scared to go to Lady A tonight :(”

Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre
Ranked #23 of 51 things to do in Irvine
Reviewed June 14, 2014

I was at the venue a couple years ago and choose to remember the outstanding performers, but do have to say, horrible parking, loooong lines for everything, drunk - very drunk patrons, etc. still haunt me. I'm planning to see Lady A tonight, and so excited, but I have to have VIP parking and get a wheelchair at guest services due to an injury. Seats are front orchestra, and I thought I'd covered any potential problems, but I checked recent reviews to see if any improvement had been made at the venue, and no one has anything positive to say about my concerns, though I think we all agree the music makes some inconvenience worth it.... Yet it seems to have gotten worse, not better. Do I stay home and watch you tube videos of the show and search for a better venue? Cuz really, Lady A, I NEED YOU NOW!

5  Thank Peggy537

Reviewed June 8, 2014

We attended the KROQ Weenie Roast there. They had a side stage on one side of the property that had bands playing for the first few hours and everyone was crowded into such a small area to watch since you weren't allowed to go to your actual seats in the amphitheater until about 4pm or so. It was so hot and water cost $4.50 for a bottle.
The didn't let you bring any more than 1 bottle of water with you and weren't allowed to bring backpacks or large bags into the venue. I think that was a little harsh especially since it was an event that started at 12 noon.
If you are able to buy a vip lounge pass, that is the way to go. The line up for the restroom is short compared to the other restrooms and you get to sit in a shaded area.
The food prices at the event were ridiculously high.
The amphitheater itself was okay. I really liked the amount of space between you and the person in front of you. It was wide enough that you didn't have to move if someone wanted to walk by. The sound was good.
At the end of the night we decided to walk to the main street to be picked up so we wouldn't have to deal with the parking nightmare. We were like a herd of cattle trying to get out. We walked on the sidewalk towards the street only to find that we were fenced in at the end and had to maneuver carefully between a barbed wire fence and a broken fence to get out.

3  Thank 453tracyb
Reviewed June 4, 2014

My wife bought tickets for us to see American Authors, The Script and One Republic. The music was amazing and it was a beautiful night. After the concert ended the real problem began. The way we were funneled out reminded me of herded cattle. They had multiple lines funnel down to a choke point and it took a while to get out of the amphitheater. Now in the parking lot we make it to the car and it is the same thing multiple lanes going to a single lanes to get us out of the dirt lot (next time I will pay the 20 dollars to be in preferred parking). Once we were out if the dirt lot it was once again multiple lanes moving down to single lane to get to the exit. I have never been to any venue that was so poorly planned for moving people and vehicles out. I wouldn't go back for another concert even though I loved the venue.

5  Thank Energywise1
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The venue is fine and they have good shows there. Great place to be outside, listen to tunes, eat and drink... However, it has one of the absolute worst parking nightmares after an event when people are trying to leave. I would suggest to be either one of the first or one of the last to leave a show.

4  Thank eroc59