“Verizon Amphitheater in Irvine ruins Bryan Adams & Rod Stewart Concert”

Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre
Ranked #10 of 47 things to do in Irvine
San Clemente
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 153 helpful votes
“Verizon Amphitheater in Irvine ruins Bryan Adams & Rod Stewart Concert”
Reviewed August 2, 2008

I was at the Rod Stewart Concert at the Verizon Amphitheater in Irvine, on Friday night, (8/1/2008). I've been to this venue quite a few times since it opened as the Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre in the 80’s and changed over to Verizon in 2000. I say this because I’ve always liked this venue and have enjoyed most every event I’ve attended there, until last night. We had good (not great) seats, 3rd row center, loge. Well last night’s performance was a big disappointment, not because of the performers, but due to Verizon’s sound system. The big speakers built into the stage superstructure were blown out. Even the relatively moderate volume of Bryan Adams and Rod Stewart was completely distorted at all but the quietest moments. It ruined the whole evening. I only hope the performers were aware of this, because it certainly affected the enthusiasm of most of the crowd, except for those in the first few rows who relied more on the stage speakers and not the larger arena speakers. I’m going to dispute my card charge, maybe it won’t work, but it might get Verizon’s attention. If they aren't serious about a quality performance (as evidenced by their lack of maintenance for even a top name like Rod Stewart) I won’t be inclined to attend another Verizon hosted event, anywhere.

5 Thank CalifBeachBum