All reviewsbasketball courtfull kitchenred hillgreat hoteljohn wayne airportmodern amenitiessocial hourflight pathtwo bedroom suitebreakfast areafree parkingfitness roombeds were very comfortablehome away from homeevening receptionhappy hourcomplimentary breakfast
Reviewed April 3, 2017

My company attended a conference and chose this hotel from the list of hotels that had our convention rate. It was a little out of the way from our conference location, but we had stayed at closer hotels in years past and decided we'd rather drive a little to stay at a nicer place.. I'm so glad we did! The Homewood Suites staff is probably one of the friendliest and most accomodating hotel staffs I have ever encountered. I spent 15 years as a travel agent and have stayed in a plethora of hotels, so that's saying something.

Check in was a breeze. We felt welcome and valued. I thought I had packed everything I needed, but I had forgotten to pack several toiletry items. I called the front desk to ask if they sold them, and the kind person at the desk said he would run right up with them and within minutes was at my door with the requested items.

On the down side, the breakfast was very good with a lot of options, but the staff was unable to keep up with the breakfast rush. We went to breakfast between 6:30am-7:00am the first morning we were there, and many of the steam trays of food were depleted and they were out of forks and plates. A lady staying at the hotel was passing out paper plates to people in line and the people in my party were eating their eggs and hashbrowns with a spoon. But, again, I was attending a conference and perhaps they don't normally get that big of a crowd for breakfast.

One other small hiccup - I booked another night on my own, so my office paid for one night and I paid for the second. I communicated that with the hotel in advance and they said they linked the two resevrations. However, when we came back to the hotel that afternoon exhausted and wanting to collapse, our keys had been turned off. I had to go downstairs, explain the situation again, and have my keys reprogrammed. It was handled very kindly and efficiently, so no compalints there, but we could have had better communication like someone saying "You'll need to stop by the desk tomorrow and renew your keys." or something.

When we got back to the room, a maid walked in to clean it, thinking we had chekced out, but we just went downstairs and got some coffee and sat in the lobby while she made up the room. No big deal.

We really loved the hotel. The room was lovely and spacious. We decided we should sell our house and move in. :) There was a fully stocked kitchen with pots and plans, plates, glasses, silverware, etc. A full size fridge, a microwave, a dishwasher, a living room area with a 50' TV in both the living room and bedroom area, the living room had a sofa and two easy chairs, and a kitchen table with 4 chairs.

The bed was the most comfortable bed I have slept on in eons. Lots of pillows, extra blankets, and a super cloud-like, sink into it mattress.

We would deifinitely stay here again and all of my work team who attended the conference said the same. Everyone had a good experience and enjoyed their stay. Hats off to the friendly, warm, helpful staff at Homewood Suites.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business

Dear Tamilu40,

What can I say? This review is not only very informative for me to follow up with my staff, but it says a lot about the integrity and helpfulness of the team. Although I am not sure the exact dates of your stay, I can tell you that March was a very busy month with sports tournaments and a few conventions in Anaheim, where we did experience some compression. Even though we were busy, that is no excuse for us running out of items during the breakfast. I am a firm believer in coaching and learning from our experiences, so I will be sure to go back and work with the food and beverage team to see what we could have done differently. We really appreciate details reviews because it enables us to review, praise and investigate with the team.

Thank you so much for the kind words and the staff will definitely be getting a copy of this review.

Reviewed April 2, 2017

Greg is fantastic all around. Greg provided excellent customer service from the moment we checked in until we checked out. Greg ensured our stay was as comfortable as can be. Greg's customer service is top notch and because of him we will continue to be loyal customers. You should clone him.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear B6770CSpeterc,

Wow! You really really liked Greg, but I don't blame you. He is an amazing customer service agent and we are proud to have him on our team. Thanks for the great comments and I will be sure to share this with him.

Reviewed March 31, 2017 via mobile

Love staying in Irvine, close to everything, beaches, Disneyland and lots of restaurants and shopping! Free breakfast, parking and evening reception! Nice pool with sunshine all day! In the flight path, but the rooms are quiet. The staff is very nice. We will be back.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear jnelson98,

Seems like you guys did it all when you were staying with us. Sometimes people don't realize that we are centrally located to all these places. About a 10-15 minute drive to each, so thank you for mentioning that.

Reviewed March 30, 2017

The hotel and staff were great! They accommodated our late arrival and greeted us each time we passed through the lobby during our 7 night stay. We made plenty of use out of the heated pool and spa, as well as the fire pit and bbq grill. Rooms were spacious, clean and had all the comforts of home. Breakfast was average, but ran out of food on the busier mornings. They also have a welcoming reception in the evenings with dinner and drinks/cocktails, which we didn't have the chance to experience. Short 10-15 minute drive to Disneyland. Safe location, and although the airport was nearby and planes were constantly flying very low overhead, there was virtually no noise disturbance in our room. Overall, great stay!

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Dear M1871YYlisaa,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Getting comments about people feeling like they were at "home" makes us feel so warm. Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. The team here prides themselves on providing a genuine, real experience for all our guests. I will be sure to share this with the entire team.

Thank you so much for your comments.

Reviewed March 29, 2017

Neighborhood is typically business complex for this area, but very accessible for work, shopping, Disney, and restaurants. New hotel, so everything is clean and bright. Manager's reception is ok.... soup and sliders tonight, and breakfast is plentiful-- and all included in room price. NO FEE for parking which is very typical in SoCal. Extremely courteous check-in and wait staff at receptions.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled on business

Dear Jef I,

Thank you for commenting about your stay with us. We try so hard to make every guest feel as if they are at a home away from home with our service. Hopefully in your case we succeeded.

Hope to see you again in the near future.