“financial shame” 4 of 5 bubbles

9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“financial shame”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

the story is told that this building was let to fall apart...now there is a foundation that has fundraisers to keep what is left of the building intact..if you have the chance to visit,it is interesting to learn of the past...too much too tell.....check it out...the next one is Halloween.
I hear it is very scary.

Visited September 2013

Ione, California
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great building”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

This historic building has a wonderful past. There are many stories associated with it and going on a tour of the building with a guide is the best way to learn of the history of this building. If you subscribe to the theory that there are ghosts, then this place certainly has been said to contain them. You will spend a pleasant afternoon there viewing the grounds and the pre-1900 architecture. They also have many activities there such as wine tasting, shows and dinners. Get on line and learn about them.

Visited May 2013
Ione, California
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Historic Preston Castle”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

This building is full of history, mystery, intrigue, and, I've been told.....ghosts. It is situated on a hill which gives it an imposing appearance. Many famous people, as youths, were incarcerated there which makes it even more interesting. After visiting the castle, I came home to do some web research on it. Found it to be more interesting and made me want to see and learn more about it. Definitely worth the time to visit.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank RodeodogSargent
Camino, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Ghost walk”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

We had a great time hearing all the wonderful stories. Lots of "ghost" stories. Loved it and will go again.

Stockton, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

The Preston Castle is such a Awsome place I visited April 2012 with my brother & sister I can definitely say the tour was great our tour guide Bill gave us so much details & history about the castle along with stories of the paranormal, The second time we visited our tour guide wasn't as detailed and fun about the castle but that still doesn't affect the rating, I only wish that we would be allowed to view the other places on the castle grounds and the castle cemetery. The money you pay is definitely worth it plus it help with the restoration of the castle I recommend this place a lot.