Ione Hotel
Days Inn Sutter Creek(Sutter Creek)(Great Value!)
$77
Very Good 4/5
Hotel Sutter(Sutter Creek)(Great Value!)
$123
$79
$83
$77
Agoda.com
$110
$99
Good 3.5/5
The Historic Hotel Leger(Mokelumne Hill)
$85
Very Good 4/5
The Murieta Inn & Spa(Rancho Murieta)
$189
$183
Travelocity
Excellent 5/5
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 25, 2010

On Friday, 10/22/10 our group chose The Ione Hotel to stay at before our big night of Paranormal Research at the Preston Castle. We do not regret staying at this Hotel; in fact we will recommend this Hotel to anyone interested in the Paranormal. The Managers; Frahan and Charlotte were outstanding, taking time out of their day and night to talk to us and give us personal tours and allowed us to conduct small investigations.

The Rooms, Bar and Restaurant were very clean; we know this because we caught Orbs on the cameras and in our attempt to debunk them we proceeded to pound on the carpet, the bedding, the chairs trying to stir up some sort of dirt particles and were unsuccessful . The place was spotless!!! The rooms were decorated with true antiques and each room was done differently. They have great patio areas; in the front on the second floor over looking this wonderful little town. The other two in the back one on the ground floor and one on the second floor with a view of the Preston Castle tower.

The restaurant was outstanding and inexpensive. The Wait staff was on top of it all with the food tasty with great portions. They even made us coffee in the morning when they were not even open.. Now that’s service. The Bar was hopping that night with a mix of visitors, great local patrons and Karaoke.

Thanks again Frahan and Charlotte!! You’re doing great.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Moangy
Reviewed October 12, 2010

In all my years of travel, I have never had such a bad experience at a hotel.
The Hotel is a historic inn in the very small town of Ione with only around 20 rooms. It might actually be the only hotel in the town. We made a reservation here so we could attend a friend’s wedding which was held a few blocks away.
I made the reservation months in advance, and about 3 weeks before we were schedule to arrive, I made a call to the hotel to cancel. However, when I called the hotel, the owner 9who was not pleasant to talk to) told me that they had a 30 day cancelation policy and no matter what I would be charged for the room. So, we kept our reservation in place.
The day of our reservation my husband and I arrived to check in, and we were promptly told that the hotel had overbooked and we no longer had a room. The front desk staff (who turned out to be the children of the owner) told us we should drive into the next town to try and find a room.
That was it. No help finding a new room someplace else (seeing as how we needed to be at a wedding shortly). No calls to other hotels to make sure we would get another room that matched the price of the room we reserved with the Ione Hotel.
No customer service whatsoever. In fact, the hotel staff acted annoyed that we were upset about the situation. They told us they had no obligation to do anything for us.
With only 2 hours until the wedding, we were lucky enough to have a complete stranger offer us to use their hotel room to change our clothes (the hotel refused us space to change telling us it just was not possible).
The hotel we changed in was extremely small with antique furniture that had been very poorly taken care of. The walls were very thin- we could hear the conversation from the next room. The towels were thin and shabby,
As for the wedding, we ended up having to leave earlier than we had wanted to in order to make the long drive back home.
For a hotel to refuse to allow a guest to cancel a room, and then overbook and ‘walk” them without any help to make sure the inconvenienced customer could find accommodations is unacceptable. I have never been treated so poorly by a hotel.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank MrsLFH
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Definitely an antique as there are smoke smears from ancient fires on the walls...thought it was dirt at first. The cracked walls do help feel like you are staying in an old haunted hotel too!
For rating:
Cleanliness: Very dirty room. Bed was changed and that's all folks. We actually found a contact in our sink that didn't belong to us! Ewww.
Service: Practically non existent. I had to call just to get to my room and check in--it was 4PM.
Location: For us was good as we had events within walking distance.
Value: As it was so dirty and there was no service, the cost was much to high for the experience.
Rooms: Nice antique rooms, but so dirty it was hard to enjoy.
Sleep Quality: Awesome! The beds were "too" comfortable! I felt drugged when I woke up I slept so soundly. Some people say when there are ghosts around you tend to sleep deeply... maybe that is why? LOL.. I don't know, but woke up from the deepest sleep I ever had both mornings! Literally, I felt like I had taken a Vicodin or something.. Very comfy bed though.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Michelefromqueencree
Reviewed August 5, 2010

I had made reservations 2 months prior to our trip and had even confirmed the reservations via telephone. When we got here from Sonora it was clear that the pics are the only well kept parts of the hotel. There is grafitti on the top part of the hotel building right in front, and it seems like the area is closing down because almost half the stores, even the pretty historic ones, are closing down. Anyway, when we got here the guy at the front desk who I assume is the owner (same guy I talked to on the phone) lost our reservations so he charged us $135 instead of $80 for a TERRIBLE room with horrible beds. The claw-footed bathtubs that cost extra in a room (Which my Dad got) don't even work so your paying $50+ just for the pleasure of looking at it, which they do not tell you on the website. Each room being unique is sort of true in that some of them are actually sparcely decorated (the expensive claw-footed bathtub rooms) and the regular ones look cheaper than the worse than the cheapest motels.
So all in all, this place, not just the hotel, is a waste of time. If you want to stay in a great little town go to Jamestown to the National Hotel, Historic Columbia (basically a museum town with a great hotel and period-themed stores), or my personal favorite, Old Sanora at the Gunne House which was a 5 star B&B with the most beautiful rooms with excelent food, service, and ammenities for the same price (actually nearly half the price since the owner lost our bloody reservations, which I suspect he did on purpose to make more money).
Also, there are several Casio's dotted all along the highway that these little towns are located on, so when in doubt you can stay at one of those for a very good rate (even last minute its about $80-ish for a double) good food and entertainment.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank Kalbers05
Reviewed July 29, 2010

I booked a night at the Ione Hotel expecting the worst, after reading the bad reviews.
We were expecting a run down hotel with dirty rooms and unplesant staff, we got the surprise of our lives when we walked into the lobby and saw what a beautiful hotel this was, the room we had was perfect and very clean, the staff made us feel like family and the owner, Mahmood sat and talked with us like we have known him for years! He even showed us a beautiful room they had just redone.... The only problem I had was that we were only there one night and I wished we could have stayed all week!!!!!!!!!!
Don't believe all the bad reviews you read, I will be coming back!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends