Top-notch service and close attention to every detail. The Robinson Crusoe decor is adhered to down to minor items like notepad paper. The pleasure of walking around barefoot was a discovery for us, and is completely safe (but watch out for the stinging caterpillars hanging from some trees). The fauna, by the way, is diverse and very amusing: we could watch the fruit bats alone for hours. Snorkeling is ok, but then we have been spoiled by the excellent reef at Villingili. We did not try diving.
The staff is helpful but non-intrusive: for instance, they make every attempt to clean your villa when you're out at breakfast - a practice which is strangely not followed in most other resorts. Food choices are outstanding - just imagine separate cooled room-size pantries for cheeses, chocolate and ice cream. And the observatory is the cherry on the cake.
The two weeks we spent here were superb.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When Eva and Sonu Shivdasani built Soneva Fushi as well as their home on the deserted island of Kunfunadhoo in the Maldives in 1995 they had no idea that their intensely personal vision of a locally crafted villa and environmentally responsible lifestyle would form the basis of a successful collection of world-class hotels, resorts and spas. But that's exactly what happened. Soneva Fushi was the first 'castaway' resort in the Maldives, pioneering a trend for back-to-nature luxury holidays. It established a blueprint for a highly acclaimed international business, followed by spectacular Soneva Kiri on the unspoilt Thai island of Koh Kood in 2009. The success of the Soneva brand also paved the way for Six Senses Resorts and Spas with award-winning properties in Asia, the Middle East and Europe. Under Eva's and Sonu's direction the Six Senses brand gained a global following before being sold in 2012. Today the Sonevas have many imitators, but no equals. Each Soneva - and a yachting experience, Soneva in Aqua - impresses on a wide range of levels. Breathtaking 'remote but accessible' natural locations, effortlessly chic accommodation, incredible food, truly memorable activities, an inspiring ethos of sustainability and service that is uncannily intuitive. The resort that set the tone and the standards for every subsequent resort. A jewel of an island - large by Maldives standards - with perfect beaches, a vibrant reef encircling the island, a colony of nesting turtles and its very own world class observatory. Located in the Baa Atoll, Maldives' only UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, Soneva Fushi is blessed with extensive coral reefs and significant biodiversity including large concentrations of whale sharks, manta rays and marine turtles. The resort is perfect for romantic couple getaways, or family holidays as it provides unique experiences and activities for all, from diving and snorkelling with the marine biologist, to sandbank dinners and a children's den (playground). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Soneva Fushi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Soneva Fushi By Six Senses Hotel Kunfunadhoo
- Soneva Fushi By 6 Senses
- Soneva Fushi Resort
- Soneva Fushi Hotel
- Soneva Fushi Maldives/Kunfunadhoo