It's the 5th time my family and I are staying at this hotel. Every time we were fascinated by the excellent service and accommodations except for this years trip.
It seems like Sonu and Eva are putting all their effort into the private residences they are building on the island. Our showers were either very hot or very cold. There were things falling apart in the villa. The mango (which was always an highlight) was no good anymore. There were holes in the tennis court fence. We asked our Friday if they could fix the issue. After promising us it will be fixed soon, nothing happened. Prices gone up tremendous. There was a lot of plastic and waste in the bushes. The spa facilities are very old and the windows look dirty (the treatment was very nice by the way).
Bottom line, it's a very nice philosophy and concept they have. The last years it was always excellent but for the rise in prices service and accommodations have been disappointing and need a lot of investment!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When Eva and Sonu Shivdasani built Soneva Fushi as well as their home on the deserted island of Kunfunadhoo in the Maldives in 1995 they had no idea that their intensely personal vision of a locally crafted villa and environmentally responsible lifestyle would form the basis of a successful collection of world-class hotels, resorts and spas. But that's exactly what happened. Soneva Fushi was the first 'castaway' resort in the Maldives, pioneering a trend for back-to-nature luxury holidays. It established a blueprint for a highly acclaimed international business, followed by spectacular Soneva Kiri on the unspoilt Thai island of Koh Kood in 2009. The success of the Soneva brand also paved the way for Six Senses Resorts and Spas with award-winning properties in Asia, the Middle East and Europe. Under Eva's and Sonu's direction the Six Senses brand gained a global following before being sold in 2012. Today the Sonevas have many imitators, but no equals. Each Soneva - and a yachting experience, Soneva in Aqua - impresses on a wide range of levels. Breathtaking 'remote but accessible' natural locations, effortlessly chic accommodation, incredible food, truly memorable activities, an inspiring ethos of sustainability and service that is uncannily intuitive. The resort that set the tone and the standards for every subsequent resort. A jewel of an island - large by Maldives standards - with perfect beaches, a vibrant reef encircling the island, a colony of nesting turtles and its very own world class observatory. Located in the Baa Atoll, Maldives' only UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, Soneva Fushi is blessed with extensive coral reefs and significant biodiversity including large concentrations of whale sharks, manta rays and marine turtles. The resort is perfect for romantic couple getaways, or family holidays as it provides unique experiences and activities for all, from diving and snorkelling with the marine biologist, to sandbank dinners and a children's den (playground). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Soneva Fushi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Soneva Fushi By 6 Senses
- Soneva Fushi By Six Senses Hotel Kunfunadhoo
- Soneva Fushi Resort
- Soneva Fushi Hotel
- Soneva Fushi Maldives/Kunfunadhoo