We've had a terrific stay, close to nature. Service was efficient and friendly, but...
1) The island has a mosquito problem, we were all itching, night and day
2) The room was nice & spacious enough, but a little tired-looking, you can tell it has been (10?) years since the last renovation
3) The (free) wifi in the room and main bar area was (much too) slow
4) We felt nickle & dimed a bit (lots of things are charged extra), although we stayed at much below the regular rate, and we still felt it was, to put it mildly, 'not cheap'
On the positive side:
1) Everyone gets a bike and all bikes are (fantastically) serviced. With rain, you will be brought to your villa by golf cart, and your bikes will be delivered afterwards. Super!
2) The food was stupendous. There is a cooled chocolate room with goodies, such a cool idea!
3) Everyone (no exceptions) was friendly, efficient and not soliciting tips
We liked the slow-life atmosphere, but we felt we needed to watch our children all the time. We had a good time overall, but life is really very very slow here! If you like this, you will love the resort