Our first introduction to Soneva Fushi was a quick week's 'break from the kids' and a wonderful break it was. The location is superb, discreet and elegantly laid back. Exactly what we were looking for. While the husband read, I was inspired during a one on one Maldivian cooking lesson by the superb chef, Sobah, which has been reproduced to great applause!
The restaurants are all very different from each other, all incredibly delicious, with the right amount of choice but not too much, which is a luxury in itself. The Chocolate 'Bar' is worth the trip alone!!!
We had an afternoon snorkelling with the marine biologist and she took us to 3 reefs, all very different from the other. She showed us many things that the untrained eye would have missed. Beautiful.
The spa offers many wonderful treatments and the idea of a visiting practitioner who excels in their field a treat to experience. Normally a long waiting list for this kind of thing in London, not just a day's notice! Before we had left, we already decided that we would be returning, with the children in tow next time as the 'den' and the activity list would keep our little pirates entertained and educated!
Needless to say the staff is incredibly helpful but not at all in your face. They are pleasant and chatty but are quick to recognise when you would like to be left alone which is what one would expect from such a high standard Resort.
Resort almost seems like the wrong word though. It actually feels like home.
Thank you to Laurie and all the staff and we shall be seeing you again very soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- When Eva and Sonu Shivdasani built Soneva Fushi as well as their home on the deserted island of Kunfunadhoo in the Maldives in 1995 they had no idea that their intensely personal vision of a locally crafted villa and environmentally responsible lifestyle would form the basis of a successful collection of world-class hotels, resorts and spas. But that's exactly what happened. Soneva Fushi was the first 'castaway' resort in the Maldives, pioneering a trend for back-to-nature luxury holidays. It established a blueprint for a highly acclaimed international business, followed by spectacular Soneva Kiri on the unspoilt Thai island of Koh Kood in 2009. The success of the Soneva brand also paved the way for Six Senses Resorts and Spas with award-winning properties in Asia, the Middle East and Europe. Under Eva's and Sonu's direction the Six Senses brand gained a global following before being sold in 2012. Today the Sonevas have many imitators, but no equals. Each Soneva - and a yachting experience, Soneva in Aqua - impresses on a wide range of levels. Breathtaking 'remote but accessible' natural locations, effortlessly chic accommodation, incredible food, truly memorable activities, an inspiring ethos of sustainability and service that is uncannily intuitive. The resort that set the tone and the standards for every subsequent resort. A jewel of an island - large by Maldives standards - with perfect beaches, a vibrant reef encircling the island, a colony of nesting turtles and its very own world class observatory. Located in the Baa Atoll, Maldives' only UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve, Soneva Fushi is blessed with extensive coral reefs and significant biodiversity including large concentrations of whale sharks, manta rays and marine turtles. The resort is perfect for romantic couple getaways, or family holidays as it provides unique experiences and activities for all, from diving and snorkelling with the marine biologist, to sandbank dinners and a children's den (playground). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Soneva Fushi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Soneva Fushi By Six Senses Hotel Kunfunadhoo
- Soneva Fushi By 6 Senses
- Soneva Fushi Resort
- Soneva Fushi Hotel
- Soneva Fushi Maldives/Kunfunadhoo