“A wonderful stay”
Review of Ten Inverness Way

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Inverness
Ten Inverness Way
Ranked #3 of 10 Inverness B&B and Inns
Arlington, Virginia
“A wonderful stay”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed at Ten Inverness Way for two nights in mid-December and we had a great time. The town is small and very pleasant. The B&B is just one street off the bay where we saw various waterfowls gathering during dusk. From the B&B, we could reach the various attractions of Point Reyes easily. Our room is nicely appointed, and my husband particularly liked to sit on the bay window and read. Teri is a wonderful host and she offered great advices on nearby restaurants and sightseeing locations. Upon our arrival, we were treated with warm, homemade cookies. Each morning, we leisurely enjoyed her wholesome and yummy breakfast while listening to the birds calling in the yards and playing with the friendly cat, Dash.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Akron, Ohion, USA
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Actually, I stayed at 10 Inverness a couple of years ago in Nov. 2010 and had one of the most memorable B n B stays. I'd driven through Inverness many times en route to the Pt. Reyes Beaches, and took the opportunity to stay overnight. It was wet and windy out in mid-November, and I was the only guest who'd arrived. I was on my way to Pearl's for oysters when two British women showed up, so the three of us went out and had a marvelous evening. I enjoyed the sitting room, roomy and warm as the rain pelted the windows, and I read in the peace of warm and dry. Terri was helpful but not intrusive, and allowed me to stay a few extra hours until my ride showed up. I liked my room, which was clean, neat, comfortable and charming. I appreciated the attached bath. It was easy to have conversation as a solo with the others who came, but I thought it would also be a good place to come with a small group of friends.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Ohio
Reviewed October 31, 2012

When planning our trip to Point Reyes, we spent time and read reviews to decide where would be the best place to stay. We are so glad we had the opportunity to stay at Ten Inverness Way and to meet Terri. We were welcomed with home-baked cookies and tea in the afternoon and with wine and cheese each evening we stayed. Our room was adjacent to the library which contains a wonderful collection of reading material. The room was comfortable, quiet and spotless. The house itself is delightful--with a comfortable great room where guests can read the newspaper or converse with one another and enjoy a glass of wine or a cup of tea. Terri served a delicious breakfast with great coffee each morning we were there. We appreciated the special touches such as a fresh flower garnish on our breakfast plate. Terri had some good recommendations for restaurants, bakeries and a bookstore in the area. Ten Inverness Way is located right off Sir Francis Drake Boulevard which is the main road to most Point Reyes sights. It is within walking distance of Saltwater, a restaurant we tried and enjoyed. We will definitely stay again at Ten Inverness Way on our next visit to the Point Reyes area.

Room Tip: The room next to the library was where we stayed. It is also next to the kitchen and is recommended...
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed about a year or two ago and I keep forgetting to write this review. First Teri the Host really makes you feel at home and welcomed. My brother and his wife never stayed at a B & B so I was curious how they would like it, whereas my wife and I have stayed at many. They loved it and really were able to relax.
The cookies were awesome. Teri made my favorite cookies! Breakfast was great.
The only negative is I didn't sleep well because whoever washed the sheets used so much bleach, I smelled bleach throughout the night and didn't sleep well. Hopefully less bleach will be used in the future. I can't remember the exact date we went so I checked off the oldest travel date option box.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We travel a lot. And we consider Point Reyes one of the most beautiful and enjoyable areas we know. Its mix of California coastal ruggedness, Tomales Bay tranquility, and mountain and forest hikes will have whatever effect you're looking for -- relax, enervate, kick back, get re-charged you name it. The food, wine and beer at the restaurants in the area help too.
And Ten Inverness Way is THE place to stay. Teri runs a great B&B: regarding the first B, it's homey, comfortable, a touch of luxury; and as to the other, we had three breakfasts all creative, locavored, and super tasty. Plus interesting folks to meet, the right combination of socializing and solitude.

1 Thank bwj77
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed October 18, 2012

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at Ten Inverness Way and the only downside to our visit was that it was only for one night. We absolutely loved the feel of this place which was homey and inviting. The other guests were just as great as Teri and her staff who were warm and friendly. Breakfast was fantastic and we were sad to head back to the city so quickly, especially because Teri had some great hike suggestions we didn't have time for.

If you want a true home away from home, this is the place to go!

South Fork, Colorado
Reviewed September 27, 2012

There is a reason I have stayed at Ten Inverness Way six times. Every time I stay there, Teri has taken time to insure we have all the attention and information we need without being intrusive. She is very knowledgeable about the area. The property is well positioned to all the hikes in the area.

Cookies and wine in the evening. The breakfast frittata should not be missed.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inverness
The Lodge at Point Reyes
#1 of 1 in Valley Ford
Acqua Hotel Mill Valley
Acqua Hotel Mill Valley
#1 of 5 in Mill Valley

Been to Ten Inverness Way? Share your experiences!