All reviewspool tablebiscottilarge lodgepoint reyes national seashorebird watchingtwo bedroom suitelodge areathe main lodgelight sleeperalamere fallscan hear your neighborsrear deckshared lounge arearoom keylarge common roomother guestswalls are thin
Reviewed July 6, 2007

Small independent motel in a beautiful setting that is at the entrance to Point Reyes. This is a simple motel but it is clean with nice rooms at a reasonable price. WiFi available in the rooms (a surprising gem). Great staff and they provide a key to the common area at night if you need ice or want to play pool.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traveler5548
Reviewed June 22, 2007

We were looking for a place to stay in Point Reyes..very last minute and we stumbled upon this awesome place! Very comfortable and clean, and the rooms smelled like cedar. I felt so relaxed here, even though the room we stayed in was a little small, but we didn't really need much space. Plus, there is a little lodge to sit and relax in with a pool table, computer, comfortable sofas and chairs, and a fireplace. As for the room we stayed in, I cannot emphasize CLEAN enough. Everything felt new, from the hardwood flooring to the bed to the pillows. I highly recommend it, if I were going back to Point Reyes, I'd definitely stay there again!! LOVED IT!!

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2007

The Motel Inverness, despite its ordinary name, is not your typical motel. My son and I stayed in the Heart's Desire suite, which has two good sized bedrooms, each of which has a real door, so we had complete privacy. The rooms were pleasant and immaculately clean. My room looked out upon theTomales Bay bird sanctuary, where I saw an egret, a great blue heron, and many other birds. We had our own private deck.

The lodge has a fireplace, pool table, hot drinks, and free computer with Internet access. The owner was extremely friendly and helpful. There is also a pretty little garden with a couple of fountains.

Our suite had a kitchenette, but it was too tiny to do any real cooking other than breakfast, or heating up pre-prepared food in the microwave.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank music33
Reviewed March 26, 2007

I had to work in Inverness this past month and needed a place to stay
that would feel comfortable and safe. As I drove back from my first day of work, I stopped at a few places to check them out and by far, this little motel was the winner. Not only in price, but in all around satisfaction. I eventually stayed about 7+ nights over a month's time and it really felt like my home away from home. I especially liked that I could light a fire in the "main room" each night while I either checked my e-mails or watched TV. The overstuffed leather sofas were much more comfortable than mine at home. I started to get spoiled. And did I mention that the place is *immaculate*? Plus all newly refurbished with a Pier 1/Pottery Barn feel...I was really getting spoiled. I stayed in two different rooms,
both with kitchenettes and fridges. And the views....just simply beautiful. You are right on the marshes of Tomales Bay with plenty of deck chairs to just sit and stare at the birds and wildlife coming
and going. If you can't get into your zen there...you'll never get into your zen! It's a cool and hip place and the staff was so welcoming and friendly...the vibe was great. This place is now on my permanent list of getaways for peace and tranquility. I almost didn't
want to write this review....I know when people find out about this place they are going to get fully booked....then I won't be able to get a room there....but nonetheless...I have used TripAdvisor religiously for my travels and knew I need to give something back to all those other travelers who have written reviews.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
5  Thank gardengirl1964
Reviewed March 21, 2007

I was going to Point Reyes and wanted to stay somewhere other than one of the many expensive b&b's. I found Motel Inverness on the web and they were running a winter special- stay 2 night and get the 3rd free, so I booked it. We stayed during the week and it was only $99 per night. When we arrived they upgraded us to a suite for free. The room was perfect, it looked just like a relaxing beach house. There was a full kitchen with a gas range and oven, microwave, and full sized refrigerator; it was also well stocked with cookware and dishes. There was a wonderful view of Tomales Bay from the kitchen and bathroom; a skylight lit the room perfectly. The motel has a lodge with a cozy fireplace, plenty of comfortable chairs and a pool table. There are 2 beautiful secluded garden areas perfect for sitting and watching the stars. The highlight was a dock/walkway into the bay, were we could sit and watch the wildlife. It's location is perfect- right next to the park. We will definitely return! Go to Point Reyes, stay at Motel Inverness, eat at the Coast Cafe in Bolinas and the Busy Bee Bakery in Inverness Park and hike to Alomere Falls!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple