“Lovely place”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Motel Inverness

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Inverness
Motel Inverness
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Inverness
San Francisco, California
“Lovely place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2007

The Motel Inverness, despite its ordinary name, is not your typical motel. My son and I stayed in the Heart's Desire suite, which has two good sized bedrooms, each of which has a real door, so we had complete privacy. The rooms were pleasant and immaculately clean. My room looked out upon theTomales Bay bird sanctuary, where I saw an egret, a great blue heron, and many other birds. We had our own private deck.

The lodge has a fireplace, pool table, hot drinks, and free computer with Internet access. The owner was extremely friendly and helpful. There is also a pretty little garden with a couple of fountains.

Our suite had a kitchenette, but it was too tiny to do any real cooking other than breakfast, or heating up pre-prepared food in the microwave.

• Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank music33

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Oakland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2007

I had to work in Inverness this past month and needed a place to stay
that would feel comfortable and safe. As I drove back from my first day of work, I stopped at a few places to check them out and by far, this little motel was the winner. Not only in price, but in all around satisfaction. I eventually stayed about 7+ nights over a month's time and it really felt like my home away from home. I especially liked that I could light a fire in the "main room" each night while I either checked my e-mails or watched TV. The overstuffed leather sofas were much more comfortable than mine at home. I started to get spoiled. And did I mention that the place is *immaculate*? Plus all newly refurbished with a Pier 1/Pottery Barn feel...I was really getting spoiled. I stayed in two different rooms,
both with kitchenettes and fridges. And the views....just simply beautiful. You are right on the marshes of Tomales Bay with plenty of deck chairs to just sit and stare at the birds and wildlife coming
and going. If you can't get into your zen there...you'll never get into your zen! It's a cool and hip place and the staff was so welcoming and friendly...the vibe was great. This place is now on my permanent list of getaways for peace and tranquility. I almost didn't
want to write this review....I know when people find out about this place they are going to get fully booked....then I won't be able to get a room there....but nonetheless...I have used TripAdvisor religiously for my travels and knew I need to give something back to all those other travelers who have written reviews.

• Liked — Home away from home
  • Disliked — No cell phone coverage, no phone in rooms, they had a pay phone, but hey I forgot how to use one of those!
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank gardengirl1964
Sacramento, Ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2007

I was going to Point Reyes and wanted to stay somewhere other than one of the many expensive b&b's. I found Motel Inverness on the web and they were running a winter special- stay 2 night and get the 3rd free, so I booked it. We stayed during the week and it was only $99 per night. When we arrived they upgraded us to a suite for free. The room was perfect, it looked just like a relaxing beach house. There was a full kitchen with a gas range and oven, microwave, and full sized refrigerator; it was also well stocked with cookware and dishes. There was a wonderful view of Tomales Bay from the kitchen and bathroom; a skylight lit the room perfectly. The motel has a lodge with a cozy fireplace, plenty of comfortable chairs and a pool table. There are 2 beautiful secluded garden areas perfect for sitting and watching the stars. The highlight was a dock/walkway into the bay, were we could sit and watch the wildlife. It's location is perfect- right next to the park. We will definitely return! Go to Point Reyes, stay at Motel Inverness, eat at the Coast Cafe in Bolinas and the Busy Bee Bakery in Inverness Park and hike to Alomere Falls!

• Liked — I payed so little for so much!
  • Disliked — I couldn't stay longer!
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2 Thank WetlandsWoman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inverness
The Lodge at Point Reyes
#1 of 5 in Mill Valley
Valley Ford Hotel
Valley Ford Hotel
#1 of 1 in Valley Ford

Been to Motel Inverness? Share your experiences!