“Motel Inverness noisey”
Review of Motel Inverness

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Inverness
Motel Inverness
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Inverness
Reviewed March 28, 2010

Motel Inverness is in a great location, clean and the staff is wonderful. The problem we had was that the walls are so thin that we could hear the guy next door snore on the first night and on the second night we had to ask the couple next door to turn down there music at midnight. Unless you get a room with a patio you can hardly turn around in room or bathroom.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelorNV

Reviewed March 13, 2010

Stayed at the Motel Inverness on a whirlwind 1400 mile California road trip. I arrived late,and left bright and early,so I'm afraid I won't have a lot of details on the property. The room was clean,quiet,and quite comfortable,albeit small. The lobby was no lobby. It was more of lodge. Quite nice. In no way did this place have a "Motel" feel. The woman who greeted me late was very friendly,and I got a great vibe just being here.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank GovMule
Reviewed January 6, 2010

Lovely stay, the innkeepers were great, beautiful views, great prices, very clean, and definitely not a motel. One note for future guests: if you really want to enjoy your personal view from your room in the mornings, then I'd suggest not getting room #2, which has a great kitchen overlooking the water. I say this because unlike the further rooms with nice views (e.g., #7), this one is closer to the lobby area with the walkway. We had three very lovely breakfasts in a row, with a nice view....until everyone who was checking out at 11 AM that day suddenly had a panic attack that they were leaving and walked up and down the walkway (directly in our view), turned and took photos with cameras pointed directly at us, and stared at us as they walked back - every day from about 9:30-11:30. It was disconcerting, almost comical, that on our last day a group of 3 elderly women literally walked up and down the walkway 5-6 times within half an hour, taking photos constantly, and staring at us as we tried to just eat breakfast and relax.

Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2009

We love wetlands and this location, right on Tomales Bay, is just wonderful. We paid extra for the "room with a view" from the bed and were very happy we did. Even when it rained we could see the quail and hummingbirds. It was a small but comfortable room. Lynn was an excellent host and encouraged us to use the lobby/lodge as a living and dining room. We ate several meals there of food we packed and bought. They have an old duckblind that you can walk out to and sit in the marsh.
The charming small towns of Inverness, Inverness Park, Pt Reyes Station and Marshall are quite close. Point Reyes National Seashore is full of natural delights.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 26, 2009

I had a holiday meltdown and wanted to have peace & quiet at Point Reyes, since I stayed at Motel Inverness before, and LOVED it, I tried there to see if they had an available room. Thank goodness, a lovely peaceful, quiet room was available!!! I am sorry I did not get the hostesses name but she was wonderful, sweet, and brightened my mood!! I arrived late and wanted to leave early, and I really wished (and I will return) to have a lot more time just right here at this hotel. Soo clean, and relaxing, I loved the slate in the shower, and the deck off the back. So close to the beach and oh, I went to sleep listening to the ocean sounds on the alarm clock!!! I left early to catch the sunrise on the beach and it was an awesome day inwhich I was the ONLY one on the beach!! I love this place!! The gardens surrounding it, the birds all around it! I love it!!! My meltdown quickly became my favorite day of 2009. I didn't bring a comb, (did buy a small one from the store nearby) but ya' don't need one to go to the beach and relax yr cares away!!!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank sshikers
Reviewed November 25, 2009

As other reviewers have said, this doesn't feel like a standard motel at all; really nicely done cosy rooms and a great view out back. Owners were really helpful booking us dinner and upgraded us to a room with a very well equipped kitchen which was a bonus. Would definitely recommend this to others wanting a good location and comfy stay without breaking the bank.

Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2009

My wife and I are not much for B & Bs so we were glad to find Motel Inverness in the Pt. Reyes area. A renovated older motel situated on their own marsh on Tomales Bay, it is quite spectacular in its' setting. While the rooms are small, a large lodge room and deck have been added for the guests use. The deck was great for an afternoon glass of wine after a hard days exploring the Pt. Reyes area. The staff was helpful in area recommendations.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inverness
The Lodge at Point Reyes
Acqua Hotel Mill Valley
Acqua Hotel Mill Valley
#1 of 5 in Mill Valley
Best Western Plus Novato Oaks Inn

Been to Motel Inverness? Share your experiences!